Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Introduce Myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/introduce-myself-t22887.html)

Ninnie 07-18-2009 06:32 AM

Hi and welcome from Ninnie in NC.
I hand quilt all of my quilts, but there are a lot on her who machine quilt and you will get a lot of help!

Jim's Gem 07-18-2009 03:47 PM

Welcome from Ventura County, CA

littlehud 07-18-2009 07:32 PM

Welcome from SW Iowa. I use basting spray to hold my quilts while I machine quilt them. Good luck with yours and have fun.

Pats8e8 07-18-2009 09:47 PM

Welcome from Hesperia, just up the hill from you! Look into a guild near you. They have a good one in Redlands, don't know of any in Rialto, but I've not looked.

Joan 07-19-2009 06:54 AM

Welcome from Pine Grove, CA.

Do not, do not, do not miss the Long Beach International Quilt Show next weekend. It is huge! I don't know which is more wonderful the quilts displayed or the hundreds (yes, you did hear right-hundreds) of vendors with more tempting quilt stuff than you can imagine. For details, google it. I think it starts on Friday and goes through Sunday. I'll be there for sure!

brewsa 07-19-2009 10:07 AM

Thank you so much for the info! I will google it and get more details. Do you go to the show in Ontario, CA? It's called The Road to California and it is usually in January!

Sharon

Joan 07-19-2009 10:24 AM

No, I haven't been to that one. I am actually 8 hours by car away from the L.A. area but my grandson is there! So, I frequently make trips down that way. Road to California is supposed to be a wonderful show, too. I had thought about going to it as well. Maybe, next year.

Lisanne 07-19-2009 01:11 PM

Hi and welcome from another new quilter!

I took a short beginner course where we quilted via machine. We used special curvy safety pins (made for quilting, the safety pins are bent into peanut shapes) to pin-baste the quilt. They were pinned in places where we would not be stitiching. Then we had a special quilting foot for the sewing machines... and I'm not a machine sewer, so I can't be too detailed here, but there was this trick of pulling up the bobbin thread... best check the tutorials on here.

Jim's Gem 07-19-2009 03:45 PM

Joan,
I am trying to decide if I want to go the Long Beach International quilt show or not. I just got back in town yesterday afternoon after being gone for 10 days. I'd love to see all the quilts! I have a friend that will go with me if I decide to attend. Maybe if I go we can meet somewhere? If I go, it will be on Friday.

Joan 07-19-2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Joan,
I am trying to decide if I want to go the Long Beach International quilt show or not. I just got back in town yesterday afternoon after being gone for 10 days. I'd love to see all the quilts! I have a friend that will go with me if I decide to attend. Maybe if I go we can meet somewhere? If I go, it will be on Friday.

I sent you a PM.