Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Just joined (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/just-joined-t28.html)

rita222 11-19-2006 05:04 AM

Good Morning:
My name is Rita Anderson I live in Georgia and started quilting
in April 06. I have made a couch quilt for each one of my 8 GK's
and three king size quilts since April. I have found a new love in quilting. Made a lot of mistakes but I am doing a LOT BETTER.
Lokking forward to learning and meeting other quilters through the forum.

PattyAnne 06-23-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rita Anderson
Good Morning:
My name is Rita Anderson I live in Georgia and started quilting
in April 06. I have made a couch quilt for each one of my 8 GK's
and three king size quilts since April. I have found a new love in quilting. Made a lot of mistakes but I am doing a LOT BETTER.
Lokking forward to learning and meeting other quilters through the forum.

ccbear66 06-23-2007 10:53 AM

Welcome to our wonderful site. Wow you have made a lot for just starting last year. You will find that you will really love this site. There are lots of very friendly people here will be more than glad to help answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to post pics of your quilts. We all love to see what others are working on.

SandraJennings 06-23-2007 11:20 AM

Welcome! You definitely got off to a big start! We love to see pictures too, so feel free to post them.

Rebecca Chambley 06-23-2007 11:30 AM

Rita

You will really enjoy yourself here, Don't be afarid to ask questions, or share info. Where do you live in GA? I live in Ga, Close to the Ala line.

mimisharon 06-24-2007 05:13 AM

Welcome to the best group on the 'net. Hope you will participate and share your work with us. We don't brag around here, we just share....a lot. lol lol

Tell me about your quilts for the King size, did you piece them? did you hand quilt? did you tie? did you stitch in the ditch? hmmm? I'm always fasinated by how others begin their journey into the world of quilting.

Sharon

rita222 06-24-2007 05:48 AM

I live near Augusta in the small town of Waynesboro. I would post some of the quilt pics but do not know how to. will have to have my GD do it for me. I do all machine quilting. Some day I will do piece quilting. My first two king size were log cabin quilts. Most of the ones for the GK's were afghan size. Made several wall hangings since then. I machine embroidered designs and quilted them by stippling around the design. With summer here my quilting has come to a crawl. Too much yard work to get done.

rita222 06-24-2007 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this works as it will be my first attempt of posting a pic

My first quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2380[/ATTACH]

annmarie 06-24-2007 06:46 AM

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First quilt. Wow. You've got a magic touch.

SandraJennings 06-24-2007 10:18 AM

Absolutely Stunning! Wonderful work :D I can see you will enjoy quilting.