Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Just Joined Yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/just-joined-yesterday-t314855.html)

kellyprn 03-22-2021 08:13 PM

Just Joined Yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I am Kelly currently in El Paso Texas. I have been sewing for a few years just some fun projects and of course fixing our clothes. LOL. I just started to learn about quilting by taking a class at Joann's before the pandemic started. So, I kept learning and teaching myself via YouTube videos after everything shut down. I have made a handful of simple scraps lap quilts the last few months. It really helps me decompress.

Abut me:
I am an RN (for the last 21 years) and am currently teaching nursing for the community college here. Besides quilting, I enjoy photography and am also an amateur radio operator. I love to hike, travel and play with my two large German Shepherds.

Thanks for letting me be here to learn more.

thepolyparrot 03-22-2021 08:37 PM

Hi there from a DFW area "neighbor." ;)

Lots of really nice peaople and REALLLLLLY knowledgeable quilters hang out on this board - I've learned so much and enjoyed seeing all the quilts.

I like how there is such a variety - traditional, modern, applique, pieced, mixed, whole cloth, scrappy, planned... amazing variety!

YouTube videos are definitely a great resource for learning about anything.

Hope you enjoy the board as much as I have. :)

kellyprn 03-22-2021 09:00 PM

Thank you Elizabeth. So far, I am really enjoying what I have seen.

audsgirl 03-22-2021 09:16 PM

Welcome, Kelly, from Minnesota. You will find a great collection of quilters here, eager to give help and advice. We all have learned different things and love to share what we know. We hope you enjoy it. By the way, your photo is lovely!

Leslie

sewbizgirl 03-22-2021 10:48 PM

Hi Kelly, and welcome from Mississippi!

Love your hummingbird... If you meant that to be your avatar I think you need to upload it in your User CP (control panel). You will find that in a header bar near the top of this page. Once you have that open, you can find "edit avatar" in the right sidebar. Good luck!

aashley333 03-23-2021 02:50 AM

Hello from Corpus! Congrats on finding this board. I have learned so much and been inspired to make things I didn't even know existed. (bowl cozie?)
Nice photo. I once captured a picture of a hummingbird's egg in the tiny nest. It looked like a blue almond in a quarter-sized nest.

jmoore 03-23-2021 03:20 AM

Welcome welcome...you’re gonna love it here. We look forward to seeing some of your projects. Your list of hobbies is quite similar to mine...photography, hiking, sewing, gardening and cooking but I’m too busy to raise a dog. Luckily we have grand dogs.

Lori B. 03-23-2021 03:34 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

bearisgray 03-23-2021 06:59 AM

Hello and welcome from minnesota!

toverly 03-23-2021 07:38 AM

Welcome Kellyprn, from Florida Panhandle. This is a great place to learn and ask questions. I consider it the best Guild-like place anywhere.