Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   More projects than time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/more-projects-than-time-t118259.html)

toi123 04-23-2011 11:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Greetings! My name is Judy and I have been a foster/adoptive parent since time began, it seems. I have just been awarded custody of my adoptive daughter's baby (long, sad story), and so AnnaBella and I have become inseparable. Just as I was getting into the quilt blocks of the month club, I found that AnnaBella puts a little bit of constraint on the time that I can spend cutting and sewing - without interruption. So I live vicariously through all of the beautiful pictures and stories that you guys have been posting every day. I must say, I love the colors and designs that I've seen, and any of the quilts with history behind them are amazing. My grandmother and grandfather taught me to quilt in the summer times that I spent up in Canada at their cottage on the Ottawa River, so quilting has special, precious memories for me. Besides taking care of the second generation daughter of mine, I still have four/five kids living at home, the fostered/adopted kids that no one wanted and who all have special needs of some kind. I am the Minister of Music at our church in Huntsville, Alabama, and I have my own transcription business, doing medical transcription, so that I can keep my nursing license at least feeling like it was well earned. I haven't been able to go back into nursing since one of my first foster children was in the hospital more often than not when we first got him, so I used my nursing degree to care for him and not panic at some of the things that he had happen to him. I most recently got a degree to design websites and love doing that, too. I have found that getting a website together using all the colors and graphic designs that I can use is almost like quilting. . .some of my backgrounds are pretty wild!

Anyway, that's more than enough about me. I'm going to go back and check out some more of your designs and finished products - and wait for AnnaBella to be able to entertain herself while I cut and sew!

AnnaBella and me, Eskimo kisses!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188038[/ATTACH]

AnnaBella at two months (she's four months, now)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188039[/ATTACH]

Music Conference in Florida - someone has to go!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188041[/ATTACH]

merry 04-23-2011 11:50 AM

Hello & welcome from TN

Borntohandquilt 04-23-2011 11:51 AM

Hello, welcome and happy quilting from Germany!

erstan947 04-23-2011 11:59 AM

One busy lady! welcome from Louisiana:)

QuiltE 04-23-2011 12:19 PM

Looks like you were a Summer Canadian! .... welcome from a year round one!! :)

BeeNana 04-23-2011 12:35 PM

Welcome. Best of luck in all your endeavors. Your child is precious.

SueDor 04-23-2011 01:14 PM

Hi from Ohio! You sound like one busy mom.

quiltsRfun 04-23-2011 01:15 PM

AnnaBella is a cutie! I'd say that's a good reason for not getting much quilting done. I have to admit, I don't get as much quilting done as I'd like and I don't have the responsibility of a little one. Isn't it nice to be able to satisfy your quilting cravings by checking the forum.

Glad to have you with us.

ontheriver 04-23-2011 01:35 PM

Welcome from Selma. If ever in this area let me know. Sounds like you are one busy lady.

LAB55 04-23-2011 02:14 PM

Hello from Western Mountain Maryland !! :-)