Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New from California (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-california-t75930.html)

wraez 11-15-2010 11:29 AM

babydragon... no I was in Vegas for my youngest dd wedding! Sorry I missed it but truthfully didn't know about it cuz of so much attention to travel for wedding etc.

Did you take pix? Maybe you could share some in the photo section?

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

wraez 11-15-2010 11:30 AM

Oh did you meet Pat, my cousin, who teaches quilting classes at Victorville College?

mosquitosewgirl 11-15-2010 11:32 AM

Welcome from northern California!

babydragon 11-15-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
babydragon... no I was in Vegas for my youngest dd wedding! Sorry I missed it but truthfully didn't know about it cuz of so much attention to travel for wedding etc.

I did...but they aren't too good ( took them with my phone...and I don't have a lot of infor on whose is whose...I can upload them to computer later and pm you maybe:)

kbs 11-15-2010 11:33 AM

Hi from Kentucky, I'm new here too.

babydragon 11-15-2010 11:34 AM

Oh did you meet Pat, my cousin, who teaches quilting classes at Victorville College?

I may have, if she was helping with the opportunity quilt table. The ladies there asked me about a possible quilt show or retreat where we live. We are the caretakers for Shea's Castle by the poppy reserve..

babydragon 11-15-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by kbs
Hi from Kentucky, I'm new here too.

welcome to you too then...where in Kentucky? My hubby and I had almost moved to Lexington. Came back to CA cause my f-i-l was very sick.

dgrindey 11-15-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by babydragon
I just started going to Bolts in the Bathtub. Went to the Quilt Show in Palmdale on Friday. All I can say is WOW. I had my hubby laughing when I picked him up...my eyes were numb when I left:)

I hope you don't get this twice. I just wrote you and somehow it disappeared. Oh well! Anyway, I usually go to Big City Fabrics on 15th West and J. I like the people in there and she has lots of stuff and very, very helpful. Went to the quilt show also. Glad you enjoyed it. It was small but it's still good to see who is doing what.
Donna

dgrindey 11-15-2010 07:22 PM

I was there Friday morning also. Didn't meet anyone new though.

dgrindey 11-15-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by babydragon

I may have, if she was helping with the opportunity quilt table. The ladies there asked me about a possible quilt show or retreat where we live. We are the caretakers for Shea's Castle by the poppy reserve..

Oh goodness!! That is so cool. My DH and I take rides up there quite often. Sometime when you are in town, let me know and depending on the day, we can meet. Donna