Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New to the forum..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-forum-t255447.html)

mkerbrat 10-17-2014 07:53 PM

New to the forum.....

Hi, my name is Marie and I am new to the forum. I only started quilting a few years ago brfore I decided to retire. My mother was a quilter so I thought that she would be able to teach me. I got my Singer very basic $150 machine for Xmas and my Mother passed unexpectedly on December 29th. I was devastasted but took some of her leftover fabric and made a very small lap quilt. My (4 year old) grandson immediately claimed it as his own. The next one I did my daughter wanted as she claimed she could show all the errors I had made as an early quilter. As it turned out, she was right. I have since taken lessons on line, Leah Day(all of your Craftsy classes), Angela Walters(all of your Craftsy classes), Jacquie Gering, Katie Pedersen, Elizabeth Hartman, all the Craftsy classes I could and I have learned a lot, not perfection yet, but getting there. I come from a huge family 13 siblings and you can just imagine the nephews and nieces. They all want one of my quilts. I have started drawing names and I give one or two away a year - one on boxing day when we meet, and one at our Labour Day Golf Tournament, it is quite fun......My Mom left some baby quilts that were not finished, and as the family grows I finish one of her quilts and hand it out to the new baby. I am trying to get one of my sisters to help me finish one baby quilt that Mom started for her son that is having a baby, not really sure if she is into it yet, we'll see. Thanks Leah DAY, you have been a real inspiration to me and you have taught me a lot. I do not always agree with your designs, but I ALWAYS agree and learn from your teachings, techniques, and very positive attitude. I couldn't have done it without you........

Tartan 10-17-2014 08:46 PM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. So sorry your mother isn't here to share in your quilting adventure but you are carrying on her legacy.

RN-Quilter 10-17-2014 10:02 PM

Welcome from the other side of the globe! :)

audsgirl 10-18-2014 12:15 AM

I am sorry about your mother. I know how hard that can be. It sounds as though you are doing great with your quilting. Welcome from Minnesota.

Leslie

Pam S 10-18-2014 02:28 AM

Welcome from Kentucky. It's so great that you're finishing your Mother's baby quilts for the family. I'm sure she would be proud.

Lori B. 10-18-2014 04:11 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

jetayre 10-18-2014 04:36 AM

Welcome from Vermont. sorry for your lost. Glad for your sewing memories.

Abby'smom 10-18-2014 05:17 AM

:) welcome from se TX-- happy quilting!!

erstan947 10-18-2014 01:31 PM

Welcome to the Quilting Board :)

M.Elizabeth 10-18-2014 01:44 PM

Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC. This forum is a wealth of knowledge!