Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New Kid on the Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-kid-block-t25500.html)

Edie 09-15-2009 06:47 AM

Hi! My name is Edie - 4 days shy of turning 71 - live in St. Paul with husband and dog, Bess! I am just finishing a quilt for our son and daughter-in-law. I have been quilting for about ten years now. I started by ironing transfers on a piece of muslin, embroidering the design and then putting on the sashing and border and learned how to hand quilt - basic running stitch. Then I decided to make a pieced quilt. I started out with one pattern - "Antique Tile" and ended up with a Memory Quilt - 35 blocks - 5 across - 7 down - with everything you could imagine. Different squares meant different things to me. I did one on Christmas Eve in the 1950's, one of 9-11, the neighbors, the neighbors pets. I can look at each square on each block and know exactly what it means. It is a true treasure for me.

I also wrote a book to go along with the quilt. That was almost the most fun, but it is provenance. So when I have passed this mortal coil, our grandchildren and great grandchildren (when we have them) will know about our family.

I finished a quilt that right now is on display and will be raffled off on November 15, 2009. It is for the Susan G. Komen Three Day Walk. I was asked to make it and I jumped at that one. It was a lot of fun. I wrote a book for that one too.

My next project is in the works right now. I am going to make my husband and I a humungous quilt called Scrappy Floating Stars. It is really neat and I already have the main piece of fabric and will use my stash for the star points.

Thank you for letting me join this. It, I can see already, is very informative and I know I will be confabbing with people who enjoy this hobby and now a way of life as much as I do!

dvseals 09-15-2009 07:49 AM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Ms Grace 09-15-2009 07:59 AM

Hi and welcome from Louisiana :D

Quilt4u 09-15-2009 08:05 AM

Hi and welcome from MA

CajunQuilter2 09-15-2009 08:37 AM

Welcome aboard from south Louisiana. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your work cause we LOVE pictures here.

Mamaskeeto 09-15-2009 08:39 AM

Welcome from Florissant, MO. :D

pocoellie 09-15-2009 12:16 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. We would sure love to see some pictures of your unique sounding quilts.

Jim's Gem 09-15-2009 01:42 PM

welcome from Southern California!

janRN 09-15-2009 02:23 PM

Welcome from Western Pa. It sounds like you have a lot to offer us. I love the idea of the books with your quilts explaining the provenance. I think when I'm dead my DIL will say "what was she thinking? Was she nuts?" At least with a book she'd know for sure!! Please share your experiences and ask any questions that maybe one of us can help you with.

oksewglad 09-15-2009 03:16 PM

Hello and welcome from an Iowa girl :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just over the line--state line that is :mrgreen: