Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   new to the quiling world (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-quiling-world-t18806.html)

Angie 04-14-2009 06:42 AM

I heard that the Amish do that too. I don't have to worry about putting deliberate mistakes in my quilts, there is always something I feel I could have done better! All part of quilting, I guess.

Piedmont Quilter 04-14-2009 06:46 AM

Welcome from the Piedmont of NC. Can't wait to see pics of your quilts.

PQ

Angie 04-14-2009 06:50 AM

I like that :!: AND I love the "personality" my quilts have.

Joan 04-14-2009 07:19 AM

Welcome from Pine Grove, California---those little mistakes we make just give the finished product "character"---don't worry about them!

You're going to like it here. Prepare to be inspired, learn a lot, get help when you need it and best of all laugh!

Shemjo 04-14-2009 11:44 AM

Hello, and Welcome from St. Louis, MO. Are you going to be able to go to the AQS show in Paducah next weekend? :lol: :lol:

Karo 04-15-2009 08:59 AM

HI, HILLBILLY ! I AM ALSO A KENTUCKY HILLBILLY WHO DOES QUILTING...WONDERING WHERE IN THE HILLS OF KY DO YOU LIVE? I AM IN FLOYD COUNTY....LOTS OF GOOD INFORMATION HERE!

sapdoggie 04-15-2009 04:18 PM

Welcome from Arkansas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sew and Sew 04-16-2009 06:12 AM

Welcome to the quilting forum. I am from TN, but my daughter lives in Bowling Green. At least when I go see the grandbaby I can go to fabric stores, since we do not have any in rural Macon County. Again welcome.

kwhite 04-16-2009 06:23 AM

Hi from PA. Yes TIppy and ANgie the Amish still do put a deliberate mistake into their quilts. I have two. Most of the time you would never see it. I know where they are in my quilts and still have to look hard. They beleive that only God is perfect so their quilts cannot be.

And Hillbilly I too took solice in quilting. My mom had just had her lung removed from cancer and I took with me a Giant Dahlia quilt top to hand peice while I was taking care of her. My mom is gone now but the beautiful quilt will always remind me of the time I spent with her. Currently a UFO.

Angie 04-16-2009 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Hi from PA. Yes TIppy and ANgie the Amish still do put a deliberate mistake into their quilts. I have two. Most of the time you would never see it. I know where they are in my quilts and still have to look hard. They beleive that only God is perfect so their quilts cannot be.

And Hillbilly I too took solice in quilting. My mom had just had her lung removed from cancer and I took with me a Giant Dahlia quilt top to hand peice while I was taking care of her. My mom is gone now but the beautiful quilt will always remind me of the time I spent with her. Currently a UFO.

I lost my grandmother in 1995 to bone cancer, I took family medical leave and didn't quilt then. I lost my dad January, 2008 to lung cancer and now my dear SIL who is also my BF is in the last stages of her cancer. They don't know where it orginated, but was in her hip, ribs, liver, lungs, and 3 brain tumors when she was finally diaganosed this past June. She has been a trooper and loves the things I have quilted for her. Since I started quilting a little over a year ago it has helped me get through some rough times as well as giving joy and comfort to those you love!

Sorry, sometimes I just get like the Energizer Bunny........... I just get on a roll and keep going & going & going.........