Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New Quilter from Kentucky! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-quilter-kentucky-t267117.html)

Sheep Farmer 07-02-2015 08:35 AM

New Quilter from Kentucky!

5 Attachment(s)
I'm new to quilting (started January 2015) but have been sewing since my Home Ec class in Jr. High School (back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth).

So far I've made four quilts (below). The Falling Charms quilt is for my Niece who loves cats (especially my cat), so I included photos of my cat on the back of the quilt.

Quilting is certainly addictive!
;) I went to a class to learn how to hand-quilt, but the quilting just took me way too long, so I found a longarm quilter in town who doesn't charge too much. :thumbup:

Anyway, my recent quilt was a Pineapple Quilt - I fell in love with the design while doing an online search... but I had no idea how much work it would turn out to be! LOL

For my next project I'd like to do a sampler quilt of some simple traditional blocks.
:)

Falling Charms:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524061[/ATTACH]

back of quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524065[/ATTACH]

Pineapple Quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524062[/ATTACH]

Quatrefoil Quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524063[/ATTACH]

Disappearing 9-Patch:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524064[/ATTACH]

CookyIN 07-02-2015 08:45 AM

Welcome from Indiana! You'll find lots of friendship here on the QB, plus anytime you need help with any aspect of a project, you'll find lots of help and answers.

leaha 07-02-2015 08:48 AM

A war! Welcome from western ky in sept there is a week long quilt in ky called runaway quilters so much fun they have classes or sit and sew would be lovely if you could come

ManiacQuilter2 07-02-2015 09:19 AM

Welcome from Southern California. I learned to sew in 7th grade and yes there were dinosaurs in those days too. Your quilts look great. I HOPE you find as much inspiration as I do from this site. So many creative quilters.

judy363905 07-02-2015 09:19 AM

Welcome. Love your Quarfoil quilt..did you use Jenny's instructions.. Beautiful. Looks like you are an experienced quilter on all your projects. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Tartan 07-02-2015 09:37 AM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Great quilts!

quiltsRfun 07-02-2015 09:47 AM

Your quilts are beautiful. I like them all but especially the pineapple.

JenniePenny 07-02-2015 09:57 AM

Welcome to the board from New Hampshire! I love sheep and love seeing yours in the quilt photo. You really have taken off with the quilts this year.

tammyg 07-02-2015 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7245168)
Welcome from Indiana! You'll find lots of friendship here on the QB, plus anytime you need help with any aspect of a project, you'll find lots of help and answers.

Love your quilts and the farm... :-) welcome to the board.....

Mariposa 07-02-2015 12:20 PM

Waving hello from Washington! Terrific quilts there! Especially like the colors of the last two~ :)