Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New Quilter from Lebanon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-quilter-lebanon-t782.html)

Connie Hadba 03-24-2007 02:37 AM

Mmmm. Do all people adicted to quilting sleep very little at night or get up very early? Is this an occupational hazzard to the hobby? :wink:

I'll try to get into the chat room on Sunday. It sounds to be about 10:00 PM Beirut time. Hope to talk to you then.

I've some pictures now; just don't know how to upload them.

Connie

Connie Hadba 03-24-2007 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to put up a picture of a quilt that I made. Here's hoping it works.

Connie

Here's a quilt I made for a 4year old girl who loves butterflies but not pink. I found the butterfly pattern at Quilter's Cache and the butterfly stencil came from a child's coloring book I found on line.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1025[/ATTACH]

triciasquilts 03-24-2007 05:08 AM

Connie, I'm having a hard time believing that you are a beginner quilter!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous. Great quilting on the piece. Its absolutely perfect.

Tricia

Connie Hadba 03-24-2007 12:16 PM

Hi Tricia,

Thank you for the complement. It is far from perfect, as my instructor would point out. But for a first try on a large project, I think it came out O.K.

We hand quilt here until we can find someone who is willing to quilt our projects by machine. A project like the one pictured takes about 3 months to complete. By machine I'm sure it would take considerably less time.

Connie

zyxquilts 03-24-2007 08:16 PM

That is a beautiful quilt Connie! Congratulations!
And by the way, it does seem like most of my quilting friends don't sleep too much - LOL - I think it's the creative mind, always working...

sue

joy 03-24-2007 08:51 PM

I am very impressed with your quilt Connie.... love your colours too..well done.

Boo 03-25-2007 01:36 AM

Very nice, Connie!! Wish my first quilts looked so good. Sounds like your instructor is a hard task master, but also looks like the results are worth the effort!
I appologize for not welcoming you sooner. The LQS has kept me quite busy with making shop quilts, and I have fallen behind in answering posts. We are delighted to have you and look forward to chatting with you on Sunday.

Nihal 03-28-2007 09:17 AM

Hi there Connie,
I am also newbie to this forum as of today, cheers:)
Your message grabbed my attention fully. Because I am into my Project called as World Quilt Project. In this sense, I would appreciate very much to have a Block representing your country Lebanon. I hope that you give me your kind understanding and help for my Project because it is not an easy thing to meet any quilter from your country:)
For details pls drop me a line so I can pm you for the details that they are very easily to follow, not complicated.
Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Nihal in Istanbul, TURKEY.

Connie Hadba 03-28-2007 09:57 AM

Hi Nihal,
Welcome to quilting. It is great to hear about a quilter from another country in this part of the world. Do you have as many problems getting fabric in Turkey as we do in Lebanon? What about notions shops? How doyou manage it in Turkey?

Connie

vicki reno 03-28-2007 10:11 AM

Connie, your quilt is awesome--beautiful fabulous gorgeous--I'm running out of adjectives that I can use to describe it. Wonderful--beautiful workmanship. Very impressive for 1st effort! :D :!: :!: :!: A lot better than some of my effors and I've been at it 20+ years!