Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   new to quilting from australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-quilting-australia-t20570.html)

rdem 05-26-2009 02:48 AM

Hello to you all,
I was introduced to this site by a friend as i wish to start quilting. I have always enjoyed sewing and now that I am retired and the children have flown the coupe, I hope to someday have some spare time ( when we've finished painting the house etc.) I have all the gadgets & fabrics I think I will require to make a start. I've been a "guest" here for a while and picked up some great hints and web sites to help me start off (as well as the books I've also bought) so think I'm ready to give it a go. The one thing that I am impressed with is the help and support that is shown and shared among all of you quilters out there. With me a bit of patience thrown in will be appreicated in advance for the simply basic questions that I will no doubt ask and the help I will ask for the easiest task.
I have been thinking that a class in quilting may be bennificial, would that be a good idea?
Cheers everyone

k3n 05-26-2009 02:55 AM

Welcome rdem! Ask away, you'll get lots of sound advice here - many of the ladies (and a few gents!) are professional quilters too and lots of others have years of experience. I've learned tons while I've been here. I've never taken a class but do go to a quilt group. I think classes are a personal choice, what I've learned is from books and the internet.

We love pictures by the way!

K x

rdem 05-26-2009 03:42 AM

thankyou k3n
have thought about photos but I am technicogically challenged. When I complete my first quilt project I will seek assistance from one of my children :!:
from rdem

dvseals 05-26-2009 05:37 AM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Quilt4u 05-26-2009 05:40 AM

Hi and welcome from Mass.

gaigai 05-26-2009 05:46 AM

Welcome rdem,

This is indeed a great group. As K said, classes are a personal choice, but I am one who loves them. I learn something new, the instructor usually has several "tips" to share, and you get to see what other people are making. I say go for it!

pocoellie 05-26-2009 05:59 AM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. There's lots of friendly, talented people on board who will help in any way they can, just ask-there are NO stupid questions.

Bevanger 05-26-2009 06:13 AM

welcome from WA

Shemjo 05-26-2009 06:17 AM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri, in the center of the US. I LOVE classes because I actually get more done! And I learn the latest techniques for a process.
There are so many online helps now, but I personally like the interaction with a teacher. (Maybe being a retired teacher has something to do with it :? )
Remember, the only dumb question is the un asked one! :lol:

Mplsgirl 05-26-2009 07:13 AM

Welcome from Roscoe, Illinois.