Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New to the site (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-site-t29258.html)

amma 11-24-2009 10:35 PM

Hello and Welcome from a neighbor to the North :D :D :D

Iluv2quilt 11-25-2009 04:34 AM

Welcome from Colorado! Wow! A jane quilt nearly done? I can't wait to see it, what colors did you use? I like to paper piece as well and am making a NY Beauty quilt now. Lucky you getting to raise a 6 year old, what fun, mine is 8.

Bevanger 11-25-2009 05:56 AM

Welcome from Washington

pocoellie 11-25-2009 05:57 AM

Welcome from northeast CA. Glad you joined us. As others have said, we love pictures.

Quilt Mom 11-25-2009 06:02 AM

Welcome! Glad to have you here. We will all be waiting for a picture of that Dear Jane quilt! Be sure to chime in on the questions. I'll bet you could share a lot of good information. :D

yourstrulyquilts 11-25-2009 10:48 PM

Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes! Australia, even! I see one from NC; I have a son there. I have lived in Colorado, Washington, California, Missouri; never been to the other States, but drove thru Texas once....didn't think I'd ever get to the other side!! Saw lots of jackrabbits and tumble weeds. I lived in New Mexico and loved it there. Really like Colorado, too. And Nebraska was great! But, the rain called, and I came home to Oregon.LOL I guess once a web-foot, always a web foot.
I have never posted any pictures of my work, mostly because I'm kinda new to the computer. My daughter might help me if I ask her to. I broke my leg, foot and ankle last year and was wheelchair bound for three months, couldn't get to my sewing room...it's downstairs...so bought a computer and learned what I know. I am really good at buying on eBay!!! When I got a little bit mobile, I scooted down the stairs on my bottom and did my best at the sewing machine. All healed up now and working hard to get some projects finished.
I'm doing my Jane in the same style as Jane did hers. I have some fabrics that are very close, and some that match perfectly. It's a plus to work in a shop and see all the new stuff come in. I am nearly finished with the top border and there are three more borders to do. It is my "Heirloom" quilt.
Thanks again for the nice greetings. I'll try to post stuff that may help others with their projects, I taught a number of classes, including Jane, Wedgeworks ll, Magic Stack and Whack, I Spy, fusible web, binding, Bear Paw Plus, Double wedding ring, Garden Stars and machine quilting....made a ton of shop samples that gave me experience, but not a lot of bed quilts.
Later sisters............

Gomeyer 11-26-2009 08:30 AM

Missoula, Montana say's "welcome" sue :mrgreen:

thequilterslink 11-26-2009 09:31 AM

Welcome, this is a wonderful site and we are glad to have u with us.

sew4fun 11-26-2009 10:50 AM

Welcome from mid Missouri. Love this board it is very addicting.
:D

Memotherx6 11-26-2009 11:16 AM

Hello from Richton, Mississippi!! So glad to join the fun enjoyed by
Quilters. :roll: