Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New South Dakotian Here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-south-dakotian-here-t48679.html)

ranchobob 06-07-2010 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.. My name is bob and my wife got me interested in quilting. I used to have a model railroad museum that was open to the public. That and outdoor activities was my interest. I was getting bored with the train museum and saw that the quilting was very interesting and creative and changes all the time and there is always more to learn. So being very comfortable with my self I felt id like to give it a try. Well I am on my fourth quilt now and like it alot. My wife is getting tired of her job and I am retired. I retired early and so we found a great place to open a quilt shop and we are in the middle of doing that. What a fun hobby and creative. I have one more quilt to do and then I am going to try a black and white lone star. well that's my story and I am sticking to it.

My secound Quilt for grand daughter.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80716[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 06-07-2010 05:57 AM

Hello and welcome from Ontario. Your quilt and your GD are both very pretty.

sharon b 06-07-2010 06:38 AM

Hello and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Glad you joined us :lol:

Good Luck with the Quilt store :thumbup: Another new chapter in your life, how exciting :lol:

Your quilt and grand daughter are both beautiful

dkabasketlady 06-07-2010 06:40 AM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!
Gorgeous quilt, way beyond my capabilities to date! Good luck on the quilt shop in this economy!

ann clare 06-07-2010 07:27 AM

Welcome from Ireland. You will love it here. Everybody is so nice

I go To The Sea To Breathe 06-07-2010 08:21 AM

Hi Bob I live in Rapid City, SD, please let me kmow when your shop opens.....And your granddaughter and her quilt are beautiful. What a treasure for her and for youl Welcome, I hope you are in the western part of the state....Jackie

MissyGirl 06-07-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
Hi Bob I live in Rapid City, SD, please let me kmow when your shop opens.....And your granddaughter and her quilt are beautiful. What a treasure for her and for youl Welcome, I hope you are in the western part of the state....Jackie

Hi Bob and Jackie! I am in Rapid City too! I would love to check out your new store. Just let us know when it opens.

I love your quilt and your granddaughter is darling!

Missy

saf45 06-07-2010 08:27 AM

wow your quilt is awesome welcome to the board,what a darling gg

Jim's Gem 06-07-2010 08:58 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!

Your quilt is beautiful!! So is your GD

We have quite a few very talented men here on board, glad to have another!!

craftybear 06-07-2010 12:12 PM

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

please post pictures of your quilt shop when you get it open, will you also sell online???