Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New From Virginia... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-virginia-t31948.html)

aliaslaceygreen 12-19-2009 05:42 PM

Hi, I am Trish, I have lived in the central Virginia area since 2002, and have been quilting about a dozen years.

All the kids are out of the house, my DH and I are now servants only to three kitties--Miss Tatiana, Sir Gandolf and Rory Sebastian.

I am not a FINISHER. That is one of the 'f' words, in my world!:lol:
However, I actually have just about finished a quilt, started on Dec 8 for my sis in law for xmas....family harmony is a great motivator (I made my other sis in law one last year...)

My favorite part of quilting is choosing the fabric, my least favorite part is sandwiching....and I am an enthusiastic but rather poor machine 'quilter'!

I am not traditional, and I am not 100% art quilty...although as of this moment in time, I can't recall ONE quilt that I have followed a pattern on START TO FINISH!

Looking forward to a new start in 2010 ---with a gutting of the studio and a reorganization in my head of my priorities, art-wise...

Jim's Gem 12-19-2009 05:50 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California. Many of us have much more fun picking out fabrics, cutting, sewing etc than we do sandwiching. That is my least favorite part. I have trained my Husband and my son's ex girlfriend how to sandwich and now they do a lot of my quilts with/ or sometimes for me. I use the spray basting and go over to our church (where DH works) and put a couple tables together so no getting down on the floor.

aliaslaceygreen 12-19-2009 06:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome~

Getting down on the floor is NOT an option, with the beasties around! Usually I take what I have to my quilt group, but time was of the essence, so day before yesterday I did half a quilt at a time on the diningroom table!! It was only an oversized lap quilt, thank goodness!!!

oksewglad 12-19-2009 08:12 PM

Hello and welcome from an Iowa girl! OBTW they are not unfinished but WIP's (works in progress) Sometimes I get the top down and then have to think what kind of border I want to put on or how I want to quilt it. I call it "mulling over"! Once I get it figured out then I'm on a roll again. In the meantime I start a new project so I can mull over how to finish. HaHa

Leota 12-19-2009 08:23 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma

amma 12-20-2009 01:22 AM

Hello and Welcome!!!:D:D:D
I had to laugh at you saying you do not follow a pattern...I look at a pattern and almost always end up thinking I can change this just a little...omit that... :roll: I love creative license!!! 8-)

aliaslaceygreen 12-20-2009 03:35 AM

Thanks for the welcome... no they aren't even WIP's, they are plain old UFO's.... :)

aliaslaceygreen 12-20-2009 03:36 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I don't even call it creative license, I basically say I don't follow directions well!!!!

But hey, ANYONE can make it look like the picture!!

lisalovesquilting 12-20-2009 04:52 AM

No UFO's No WIP's I'm currently working on 3 PhD's(projects half done) In what you ask? Textiles!

MarthaVA 12-20-2009 04:54 AM

Welcome! I too am from Central (western) VA. Great group of people here. :)