Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New to you from Michigan/Florida (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-you-michigan-florida-t160369.html)

BZSCISSORS 10-15-2011 07:50 PM

Hey, heading south in one week! We winter in Ft. Meade, just south of Winter Haven. I am in Kokomo, Ind. and it is starting to get gloomy and chilly here and that is when the birds and We head south. My husband retired from Chrysler Jan. 2010 and I retired from hairdressing (42 years) at the same time. We winter in warm weather and head north in May. (best of both worlds) I have nine grandchildren and expecting a baby girl in Feb. Love to do all kinds of things, scrapbooking (15 years),crochet, paint (oils, watercolors, acrylics) trapunto, applique............thus the name BZSCISSORS...............welcome to our forum!!

Suedon 10-15-2011 08:31 PM

Hi and welcome from Lakeland, FL!

Sewhappytoquilt 10-16-2011 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by BZSCISSORS
Hey, heading south in one week! We winter in Ft. Meade, just south of Winter Haven. I am in Kokomo, Ind. and it is starting to get gloomy and chilly here and that is when the birds and We head south. My husband retired from Chrysler Jan. 2010 and I retired from hairdressing (42 years) at the same time. We winter in warm weather and head north in May. (best of both worlds) I have nine grandchildren and expecting a baby girl in Feb. Love to do all kinds of things, scrapbooking (15 years),crochet, paint (oils, watercolors, acrylics) trapunto, applique............thus the name BZSCISSORS...............welcome to our forum!!

Kokomo is where we hit a DEER last fall, heading to Auburndale (near Winter Haven). We had to turn around, go back home, load up the other car and head back! Small world!!! Do you still do hair?

Sewhappytoquilt 10-16-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Suedon
Hi and welcome from Lakeland, FL!

We are neighbors - I am in Auburndale (or will be)

GAgal 10-16-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by BZSCISSORS

If you travel I-75 you will pass Perry, GA (south of Macon).
Give me a holler if you can plan some time for fabric shopping here.

OWALK718 10-16-2011 07:19 AM

Hello and welcome from Missouri!

Jammin' Jane 10-16-2011 11:46 AM

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

Grinster 10-16-2011 01:09 PM

Welcome from Portage and Houghton Lake!

soniboo 10-16-2011 01:54 PM

Welcome from Florida! :D

Spuddy 10-16-2011 02:38 PM

Welcome from Western Iowa.