Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   newbie to forum (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/newbie-forum-t24145.html)

Ninnie 08-14-2009 10:36 AM

From one addicted quilter to another! Welcome

mountain-moma 08-14-2009 10:53 AM

Welcome from W.v

mgshaw 08-14-2009 11:00 AM

Hi!!! Welcome from another Oklahoma gal!!!! :D

hawghugger 08-14-2009 12:57 PM

You just have to jump off the deep end and go for it. I have to say, this has been the easiest quilt I have done for far. I am loving the PP. Took a quilting class (my one and only) and asked the instructor about teaching PP, and you would have thought I asked for the Moon. Then I was told, "you are too new to quilting and this is NOT a method you (I) could do at your skill level".
WELL, needless to say, that's all it took. I was bound and determinded to do a PP quilt if it killed me.
So, if I can do it, you can too. Really, it's easy.
Thanks for all the kind words and I am so excited to be a part of the forum.
I have an idea I will learn more here than in any class I would take.
Looking forward to picking your brains for ideas. :D
Sandy

Elsie 08-14-2009 01:22 PM

hi i'm from central illinois and welcome you will learn alots on here i did

wvdek 08-14-2009 01:44 PM

Howdy from WV and I think you done real good. Maybe you can go back and teach the teacher a thing or two! :lol:

Nice job.

sewjoyce 08-14-2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by hawghugger
You just have to jump off the deep end and go for it. I have to say, this has been the easiest quilt I have done for far. I am loving the PP. Took a quilting class (my one and only) and asked the instructor about teaching PP, and you would have thought I asked for the Moon. Then I was told, "you are too new to quilting and this is NOT a method you (I) could do at your skill level".
WELL, needless to say, that's all it took. I was bound and determinded to do a PP quilt if it killed me.
So, if I can do it, you can too. Really, it's easy.
Thanks for all the kind words and I am so excited to be a part of the forum.
I have an idea I will learn more here than in any class I would take.
Looking forward to picking your brains for ideas. :D
Sandy

That is so funny -- You sound like me. Tell me I CAN'T do something and you'd better look out because that's exactly what I'm gonna do!!! Has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lori Sunshine 08-14-2009 04:56 PM

Wow!! I think you found your quilting "niche". Your work is wonderful. I tried paper piecing and one time it was great, and the next time it wasn't. Must have been me!! I will try again sometime, but not something as challenging looking as that! And Welcome to the forum!!

NorBanaquilts 08-14-2009 05:01 PM

Welcome to the board, that quilt is going to be stunning.

hawghugger 08-14-2009 05:16 PM

I'm looking forward to it.