Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Newbie to the Quilting Board and Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/newbie-quilting-board-quilting-t69106.html)

KandiKane 10-08-2010 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi From Utah
I am new to here and quilting,I am from Massachusetts and Vermont I am a retired Police Officer, and my hubby retired from his oil company.. My son is a Det: in Norfolk Virginia and have a new grandson..we came here because of my husbands dream to own a campground, and dryer weather .we own Green River KOA Utah..been here May 06..during 2008 I got very sick almost died, with colon cancer it took two years October to get on my feet, I am doing well now and just need more to do like back home , there is no stores here ..have to drive up to Colorado to shop, I took up making jewelry making , like Kay Jewelry, but need more to do,I like to sew and wanted to make my drapes and curtains,I found a fabric store there that I fell in love with , they have everything you would want, I was looking at some of the new sewing machines they had there The Bernina's .. well I thought they were too much to spend on a machine, I was talking to my husband how much they were , he said if you are a good sewer it worth it ,If you want to learn more its what you need so I thought about it for a month and then I went into my tuckies to see if I had enough to get one, well I did it I bought a Bernina Aurora 440 QE , this will be different to do alot by machine.. I am so glad I joined the Quilting Board, there are so many here that know so much that anyone can learn from , you all are so helpful..to everyone..I enjoy reading all.. and wanted to add that QuiltingB is my friend and she works here at the campground, she has been a great help when I was so sick..God Bless her and all of you.. I hope I did not bend your ears..Just wanted to tell about myself..and how great it is to be here on the board..

"Happy Sewing all"

KandiKane ( Elaine )

DebsShelties 10-08-2010 03:59 PM

Welcome from Virginia

leahbug 10-08-2010 04:29 PM

Welcome from Tennessee

Quiltzilla 10-08-2010 04:33 PM

That was a fabulous introduction. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Welcome to the Quilting Board.

LeeAnn 10-08-2010 05:00 PM

Welcome and waving from Arkansas! I'm glad you're feeling better. I have the same Bernina as you and I love it.

mhunt1717 10-08-2010 05:04 PM

Welcome from Kentucky!

KandiKane 10-08-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltzilla
That was a fabulous introduction. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Welcome to the Quilting Board.

Thank you very much , I thought I was long winded lol

Thank you all for the warm welcome
KandiKane ( Elaine )

craftybear 10-08-2010 05:17 PM

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

KandiKane 10-08-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Welcome and waving from Arkansas! I'm glad you're feeling better. I have the same Bernina as you and I love it.

thank you, yes I am getting better , day by day just take one step at a time..keeping my mind on the quilting now :)

KandiKane ( Elaine )

KandiKane 10-08-2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

waving back thank you

KandiKane ( Elaine )