Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/newbie-t31951.html)

Justok 12-19-2009 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello to all quilters. My name is Vicky and I live in Great Falls,Mt. I have been quilting for about 16 years and I learn something new everyday. I am a 62 year old retired, married woman. Besides quilting I love to travel with my hubby in our RV. I am looking forward to meeting new friends who love to quilt.

janRN 12-19-2009 07:18 PM

Welcome, Vicky, from cold snowy Western Pa. If that's an example of your work, we have a lot to learn from you!! It's beautiful-thanks for sharing the picture.

oksewglad 12-19-2009 07:56 PM

Hello and welcome from an Iowa girl. WOW what a quilt! OBTW--DH wants to move to MT and live for a while--out in the sticks somewhere. Told him I go with as long as we had electricity to sew!

Justok 12-19-2009 08:05 PM

Thanks ladies for the welcome. Montana welcomes you both and we have more than enough electricity for all quilters. We have lots of quilt shops through out the state and lots of quilt guilds, so come on over. I'm glad you like my quilt. It took me about 3 years to finish it, mostly because I didn't know what to with the round piece, but somehow the light bulb went off and this is what showed up.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Vicky

amma 12-20-2009 01:10 AM

Hello and Welcome!!! :D:D:D
Your butterfly quilt is stunning!!! All of the detail work, the 3D, WOW!!! I am in awe :shock: Have you entered this into any shows?

Moonpi 12-20-2009 06:42 AM

Welcome from Florida! Good to see you're not afraid of color! Are the flowers 3 dimensional?

Bevanger 12-20-2009 07:01 AM

welcome from Washington. I love your quilt :-D

Shemjo 12-20-2009 07:25 AM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! Your butterfly quilt is awesome! WOW! Do you have lots of other quilts as spectacular? We LOVE pictures!

Justok 12-20-2009 11:43 AM

Well my goodness ladies, what a wonderful warm welcome. Where have you been all my quilting life? The does have some 3D butterflies and flowers> I got the flower folding pattern from a book by Kumiko Sudo,who does Japanese Sashiko and Origami. I did enter the quilt in the State Fair and won 1st place and Judges best of show. I also won 1st place at the Great Falls Quilt guild show. I do have other quilts but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I don't know how great they are. I'll try and dig up some and send pictures. I mostlly give my quilts away for various oranizations and gifts for family. I do get kinda tired of making BABY QUILTS but it seems to be necessary. Thanks

Tippy 12-20-2009 12:47 PM

Welcome to the group Vicky.. Lovely to have more folks who like color. You butterfly is amazing.. the awards were well deserved. Join us in the chat sometime also! If you get to E. Tennessee in your RV give us a holler!