Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Not new, but been gone for a very long time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/not-new-but-been-gone-very-long-time-t319995.html)

my.sewingroom 01-28-2023 07:30 PM

Not new, but been gone for a very long time

Hi Everyone!
My name is Linda. I haven't been active on this site since 2015! Life happens. I've since moved from Ohio to California. And, in 2020 had major back surgery which has slowed down my quilting activities. I'm starting to get back into my sewing room again. It's slow but I've been working on kennel quilts right now for shelters in disaster areas. I also occasionally make small dog coats and harnesses. Recently, I sent out 3 quilts to a long arm and they just came back. Now to get the binding on them. They had been hanging in the closet for years. I'm so excited to get them finished. One of them is a Thimbleberries quilt for my bed.

I hope to chat with some of you and make some new friends.

Tartan 01-28-2023 09:56 PM

Welcome back! The last few years have been a bit of a bumpy ride for a lot of us.

quiltingcandy 01-28-2023 10:25 PM

Welcome back! Life certainly can get in the way. So glad you are back and finishing up some quilts that you started. I am sure the fur babies are loving their new quilts too.

northerncreations 01-29-2023 04:46 AM

Welcome back. Life does get in the way and the last few years have been challenging. So happy to know you are finishing some UFOs and probably looking to starting new ones. Take it slow, enjoy and be proud of your accomplishments.

Lena1952 01-29-2023 04:57 AM

I think many quilters, including myself, have quilts that sat a while or took way longer finish than expected hanging around waiting to be finished. I happy to hear after all the moves and surgery that you are joining us again and sewing again. Making kennel quilts is a wonderful way to help yourself and the animals as well. Welcome back and happy quilting!

Chatsworth 02-07-2023 11:32 AM

same here! I have to learn how to maneuver through the forum again! but looking forward to making new friends and learning new things.

SusieQOH 02-16-2023 03:18 PM

Hi Linda! I LOVE Thimbleberries! I have just a few pieces left. I hope you post some pics of your creations when you get them back.
Welcome! Hope you are feeling better as well.

audsgirl 02-16-2023 10:21 PM

Welcome back, Linda. So glad you are able to get back to sewing and quilting after all of your challenges. I hope your back surgery was successful and that you can comfortably sew. We're happy you could join us again.

Leslie

WMUTeach 02-17-2023 04:09 AM

Welcome back to the Board and to quilting. Show us some of your pieces, we love photos. So many folks have had challenges in the past few years, resulting in a community of folks who can be supportive as you return to your love of quilting.