Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Owner of new Bernina 440 QE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/owner-new-bernina-440-qe-t143.html)

Diane 11-27-2006 06:18 AM

I have recently purchased a Bernina sewing computer and am very excited. Since I am a novice quilter I want to improve on my skills now that I am retired. Looking forward to meeting via internet new friends that share my interest. :P

Rhody Diane

Leslee 12-16-2006 08:32 PM

Wow, Diane...you got yourself a really beautiful machine! You'll have to tell us how you like it. Are you going to try machine quilting? I'd be interested in comparing notes with you if you are. I took home a new Janome this week but haven't gotten to the free motion quilting part yet. I think I'll watch it demo'd in the learning class first!

Becky 12-17-2006 02:28 AM

Ladies

CONGRATS,on your new machines, You both seem to have been good girls, and look what Santa gave you. Think of all the beautiful things (quilts) that will come out of those little machines. Enjoy and create, create, creATE. again CONGRATS.

Leslee 12-17-2006 07:34 AM

Thanks, Becky! You know, the first thing I tried sewing with was the foot that has a little metal barrier that feeds the fabric through evenly. You could have heard me screeching, "OMG...is that what a true 1/4" looks like!!???" clear into the next county. The right machine sure helps keep the detail ducks more in a row!

Diane 12-17-2006 08:47 AM

Hi Leslee, I've been busy for a few days making table runners as gifts for Christmas using my new Bernina 440 QE. Making these really simple projects has helped me get comfortable with top threading, winding the bobbins, learning some new features such as the needle up or down, reverse function and end securing, all done with a push of a button. The walking foot performed perfectly smooth and did a beautiful job with straight line quilting and sewing on the binding. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with the BSR function which was the convincing factor to purchase the machine.

After the holidays, I will take advantage of one-on-one instructions from the dealer where I purchased my machine. There is so......much to learn on my new Bernina. I can't wait.

Everyone out there, enjoy your particular holiday. Rhody Diane

rama 12-18-2006 01:22 PM

Hi.Iam planning to buy brother XL3500i.Any body is having this machine?what do u suggest.I am planning to take it to India.

Minda 12-18-2006 05:17 PM

Hi Diane, I've also been making tablerunners for Christmas gifts. I have a Bernina 730 which also has BSR. You're going to love it, and the BSR class is soooo helpful. Happy quilting.

Minda

rama 12-19-2006 06:42 AM

What is BSR.

Minda 12-21-2006 07:54 PM

Hi Rama, BSR is Bernina Stitch Regulator. It helps keep the stitches even when free motion quilting. If you have a Bernina dealer close, you can try out the BSR. It works great.

rama 12-22-2006 06:50 AM

Thank you.Iwill look for it.