Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Problem with Husqvarnaviking sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/problem-husqvarnaviking-sewing-machine-t310595.html)

brendal 04-16-2020 11:46 AM

Problem with Husqvarnaviking sewing machine

I have loops of thread on the underside of my material.. This started once I changed thread. I have changed thread, bobbin thread, and needle. I have cleaned the bobbin area also. Was working perfectly pirior to this. Any ideas. No local shops opened at this time

quiltingcandy 04-16-2020 11:59 AM

When that happens on my machine (Designed Topaz 20) it is because I have not put the bobbin thread in properly. It has to go in counter clockwise - and catch it on this little clip in the bobbin area - I don't have a picture - so I would suggest you check the manual to see it on your machine. I can only use Viking bobbins in my machine too, and wind them on my machine. If they are not wound tightly that will create a problem too.

brendal 04-16-2020 12:47 PM

Problem with Husqvarna

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 8378167)
When that happens on my machine (Designed Topaz 20) it is because I have not put the bobbin thread in properly. It has to go in counter clockwise - and catch it on this little clip in the bobbin area - I don't have a picture - so I would suggest you check the manual to see it on your machine. I can only use Viking bobbins in my machine too, and wind them on my machine. If they are not wound tightly that will create a problem too.

I am wondering if I need to replaace the bobbin holder. I only use Husqvarana bobbins . I have all the material cut to make thiee face masks with friends waiting. My machine is only about 4 years old.

Lena1952 04-17-2020 03:41 AM

You don't need a new machine or bobbin holder. If the machine was running fine until you changed thread, the problem is user error. Sorry. As a previous service person I would see this often. Do you have more than one machine? If so are you threading as if for the other machine? Do you have a manual? If so, please get it out and follow threading guide. I know we think after 4 years you would thread automatically, but sometimes we skip a step. Are you using a different brand of thread? Some machines do not like some threads. It's a mystery as to why one of my machine will not sew yLI thread. And some days it helps to walk away and return the next day and begin fresh. I hope you get it figured out. Now is no time to have machine issues. Good luck.

ckcowl 04-17-2020 04:11 AM

Make sure your ( top thread) is in the tension discs correctly-
I have found with my Husqvarna Viking sometimes it is the thread- after Trouble shooting all other things it could be if nothing has fixed it- I break down and change the thread- problem solved. My Viking simply will not work with some thread. And, it doesn’t matter if it’s the same brand I was using before the problem started. When all else fails try a different spool of thread. For me this has always worked. And I’ve been sewing on a Viking machine for 20 years.

sheilar 04-17-2020 04:14 AM

I always have tension problems with my Topaz 50!! Constantly need adjusting

granky 04-17-2020 04:20 AM

Sorry, no help with the machine problem, but I can welcome you to the quilting board.....which I do....welcome from Southern Indiana.....

QuiltMom2 04-17-2020 04:27 AM

Welcome to the QB. A lot of us are sewing masks like crazy and we'd rather be quilting! Let us know what the problem with your machine was, it may help someone else and if your machine isn't working right, we feel your pain.

quiltingcandy 04-17-2020 01:26 PM

My Husqvarna does not like "bobbin" thread, or "bottom-line" thread. I bought pre-wound bobbins and had nothing but problem. (My friend swears by pre-wound bobbins for her Brother machine.) Since I read that people loved the higher weight bobbin thread I was sure there was something wrong with my machine. But it worked well with the 40 weight thread, so decided to just wind my own bobbins and keep an adequate amount of bobbins available for use. About a month ago I was telling my dealer about needing a new bobbin case he said the bobbin case I have is preset for 40 weight thread. He did not recommend adjusting the bobbin case constantly but to get an extra one to use when changing to a different weight thread. My Janome isn't so concerned - about the thread weight, but it does preform better when the top thread matches the bobbin thread.

Barb in Louisiana 04-17-2020 06:54 PM

If you have loops on the bottom, more than likely the top thread is not going through the tension discs properly or somehow, you have managed to change the tension to the loosest it can get. First, before unthreading, put your needle down and pull on the thread. If it slides freely, you don't have it threaded correctly through the tension discs or you have changed the tension. You'll have to figure out which it is.