Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Quilter in UK (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/quilter-uk-t2582.html)

enola05 10-03-2007 02:27 PM

Hi all

I'm Enola, I've just started quilting after seeing some gorgeous quilts a friend from my scrapbooking group brought to a crop, and I'm really enjoying it :D

I've already spent far too much money on fabric on online shops, joined a scrap quilt club and have started checking old clothes for cotton content to see whether they go in the rubbish bin or in my stash :D

Next step is to find a real quilting shop where I can go and drool over fabric IRL

By the way, I'm in Yorkshire in England

Pam Pollock 10-03-2007 02:41 PM

Hi Enola05,

You will really enjoy all the help you get from this site. I know what you mean about the drooling over the fabric!! It is really fun to go into the fabric stores & make selections in person. Some of the fabric is so beautiful that it should just be framed or something. Be sure & share some of your quilts when you finish them as we all would like to see them. I hope you can find some good fabric stores in your area of Yorkshire or near there. There are probably others on this site from your area that could direct you? We'll see. Anyway...Welcome, glad you could join in.

Pam

zyxquilts 10-03-2007 02:48 PM

Welcome from sunny So. California Enola05!

You've found a lovely group of like-minded artists here - and I bet we ALL like hanging out with fabric too LOL.
We love to see pics of your work too :wink:

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-03-2007 03:08 PM

A big, big welcome from West Virginia (USA)!
I've also been cutting up some old clothes for scraps!! I've mostly been cutting denim for a denim rag quilt on my someday list.
Glad you've joined us!

live2teach 10-03-2007 07:46 PM

Hi, Enola and welcome to the board! It sounds like you've started on the right path. I can't wait to see some of your work.

enola05 10-04-2007 06:52 AM

Thank you all for the lovely welcome.

Here is a link to a photo of my first quilt top which I finished this week. Mine is the 2nd one, Thomas and Buzz :D

Enola

ShellyQ 10-04-2007 08:45 AM

Hi Enola, It was really nice to meet you in chat the other day :D , I'm the lady whose Dad immigrated to NZ in the 50s. So glad you decide to join the board. I saw your quilt the other day and it's lovely, you did a great job :thumbup:. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and make lots of new friends on the board here.

Karenmay 10-04-2007 10:06 AM

Hello enola....I'm from Yorkshire too! (south) Where do you hail from!
You'll love it on here...it's great!
Karen

bj 10-04-2007 10:09 AM

Hi Enola. I'm from Texas, so don't know anything about your area, but my dil grew up in London. Her family is still there. Welcome.

enola05 10-04-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Karenmay
Hello enola....I'm from Yorkshire too! (south) Where do you hail from!
You'll love it on here...it's great!
Karen

Hi Karen, I'm in Bradford, where are you?