Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Saying Hello from North Carolina! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/saying-hello-north-carolina-t38275.html)

hokieappmom 03-02-2010 09:48 AM

Welcome to a great board. You'll love it here. Wonderful people with so much info to share.

NCfleur 03-02-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Hi from Greensboro, as well. I've seen Randy's but I just haven't been over there. I'm slow. But, my forgetter is getting good! blessings, Ruth

They are super nice and very helpful. Great classes too. :-)

NCfleur 03-02-2010 09:51 AM

Thanks to all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning from the great group of quilters!

aberi 03-02-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by NCfleur
Hello Quilting Friends:

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am a new quilter and loving it! I never even sewed as a child so this has been an adventure for me. I took my first quilt class a year and a half ago at my local quilt shop and I've been learning every since.

I have taken several classes through our quilt shop (log cabin, underground railroad, jewel box). My biggest challenge is finishing something! I just love playing with the fabric colors and patterns!! :)

I'm a bit obsessive and I want everything to be "perfect" which causes me to rip out a lot. My teacher says unless you can see a mistake from 10 feet away on a galloping horse, it's not a problem. I wish I could adopt that idea but I still want every point to look perfect. LOL!

I live in North Carolina with my husband and two fur babies, a cat and a dog.

I look forward to learning from you all on the quilting adventure.

Sounds to me like you definately have the quilt bug.... it can really take hold of you. I too have only quilted over a year since my first class. My fabric stash looks like I've been quilting for at least 10!

BKinCO 03-02-2010 01:13 PM

Welcome from Colorado! My parents live in Greensboro :) I grew up there ;)I make it back once in a while!

mrspete 03-02-2010 01:26 PM

Well, gals it sounds like we have the makings of a Greensboro get together some time soon. Big ole tarheel welcome.

P-BurgKay 03-02-2010 01:37 PM

Hi, from NW Kansas. Good to have you on the board. I have to agree with your quilting instructor. If you can't see if from 10 feet away, don't worry about it.

BKinCO 03-02-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Well, gals it sounds like we have the makings of a Greensboro get together some time soon. Big ole tarheel welcome.

We need to do one when I come to town!!!! :)

jd 03-02-2010 04:32 PM

hi, I'm jeanne from myrtle beach. i don't know where in nc you live but we have great shops to visit in myrtle beach. Its great to have such a great hobby. have fun

jeanne

hpylady 03-02-2010 04:36 PM

Hi! and welcome to this group. Wonderful people! Debbie of Elm City, N.C.