Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Southern Wisconsin Here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/southern-wisconsin-here-t271622.html)

audsgirl 10-29-2015 06:26 PM

Welcome to the board, Clay and wife from Minnesota! I grew up in Fort Atkinson, WI, about 35 miles east of Madison. We hope to hear and see all about your quilting adventures.

Leslie

Tiggersmom 10-29-2015 07:30 PM

I have two Babylocks. One is the Elizabeth which is great for piecing and I have the Crescendo which is also great for piecing and it has a larger throat for machine quilting. Hope this helps.

Ps: I did own 2 Berninas but have sold one and have the other for embroidery.

Clay 10-29-2015 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by audsgirl (Post 7360362)
Welcome to the board, Clay and wife from Minnesota! I grew up in Fort Atkinson, WI, about 35 miles east of Madison. We hope to hear and see all about your quilting adventures.

Leslie

Leslie, Fort is just down the road from me. We have been to the Fireside there for dinner and a play a few times. We're old neighbors. :wave:

Again, thanks everyone for the nice warm welcomes. My wife has one top done right now and is working on a second project. I just told her today that I needed to take some pictures of her work to post on the forums. While she is currently sewing on an ancient Singer, it's less about the tool and more about the operator's skills set.

That old Singer would probably make some of you just cringe. I know that she is looking forward to a new machine and the comforts that will come along with it. By sewing on a basic machine for so long, she will really appreciate the features that come with the new technologies.

Now I just have to figure out how to post pictures here.

Thumbelina 10-30-2015 04:37 AM

Hi Clay welcome to you and your wife from NE Ohio.

Lori B. 10-30-2015 04:39 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

quiltingeileen 10-30-2015 04:47 AM

Welcome from Massachusetts! If you have a Janome dealer near you, I would go check them out. I have 2 Janomes and love them! My Horizon has a very large harp space and came with many feet. Janome comes with many feet as a standard feature, which saves you from buying them separately. In 10 years I have had no problems with either of my machines. They sew like a dream!

Abby'smom 10-30-2015 04:59 AM

:) welcome from se TX

jbj137 10-30-2015 08:57 AM

*** HI! Y'all from the upstate of South Carolina.

Clay 10-31-2015 03:00 PM

Again everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome here. Much appreciated.

Macybaby 11-02-2015 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 7360426)
That old Singer would probably make some of you just cringe.

You haven't found your way over to the Vintage Board section yet - lots and lots of people on this board sewing very happily with vintage machines (between DH and I, we have over 150 sewing machines).

My husband is very much an "enabler" when it comes to sewing machines. With his encouragement, I upgraded from a Bailey 15" quilter to a HQ 24" Fusion. Bought the Pro-Stitcher this spring, and DH is having more fun with that than I am (I prefer FMQ).

My main machine is 35 years old, and when I looked at new ones, decided I'd do better to buy a long-arm than a regular machine.