Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Thank you for accepting me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/thank-you-accepting-me-t311676.html)

MotherMrs 07-08-2020 08:38 AM

Thank you for accepting me!

Hello, I am new to his forum, brought here by my husband who does not quilt but is very good on computers. I have been quilting since 1995 but still have so much to learn. I have never been to a quilting class except on TV, books and YouTube. Currently, My husband and I are full-time RV'ers, so I have very limited space to collect or accumulate fabric and/or specialty items. When we sold our home, I gave most of my treasured sewing supplies and equipment away. I am learning to work on one or two projects at a time now. I love applique and I would love to make a Baltimore Album Quilt.

Tartan 07-08-2020 09:27 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Appliqué is an excellent medium if you enjoy hand work. It is also good if you have limited supplies as all you need is a background square, pieces for your design and needle and thread. A Baltimore album will certainly be a big project but will keep you busy for quite a while.

Ladywingnut 07-08-2020 09:32 AM

Welcome from another newbie to the group! I have been quilting and sewing forever, and there is still a ton I don't know. Because of COVID, I have been laid off for the last 2.5 months, so I'm happily sewing the hours away. Thanks to a 40 plus year stash of fabrics, patterns, threads, etc etc, it will be a long time before I run out of supplies. It's amazing to me all the things that I have learned from this group so far. I have started working on "Baltimore Christmas" by P3 Designs. She has some of the most beautiful patterns!

sewbizgirl 07-08-2020 10:47 AM

Welcome! We are glad to have you.

Rhonda K 07-08-2020 11:08 AM

Hello and welcome. There is plenty of room here for you and the RV too. I hope you will share some of the traveling adventures and of course your projects with us. I have heard of camp-ground places that also offer quilting rooms. Fun!

Iceblossom 07-08-2020 12:51 PM

Welcome aboard. We have some regular RV quilters who have made very impressive portable studios to take with them.

Handwork is not one of my better skills, but I really admire those of you who do it, and those who make Baltimore Albums -- such intricate applique, grats to you for even wanting to do it!

osewme 07-08-2020 01:21 PM

Welcome to the quilting board from Texas. I hope you will enjoy it here & get any questions you have answered. This board is filled with awesome quilters who are always ready to help & encourage. We love pictures so please ask your husband to help you learn how to post pictures.

bearisgray 07-08-2020 03:35 PM

Welcome.

I think it takes a special breed of person to be a full time RV-er.

Lori B. 07-09-2020 03:36 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

granky 07-09-2020 05:42 AM

Welcome from Southern Indiana!...and good luck with your quilting in a small space...my hat is off to you! (I think I use the whole house!)