Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   WooHooo First ! All About me cause I'm New!! VA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/woohooo-first-all-about-me-cause-im-new-va-t62655.html)

MiniCC 09-02-2010 04:00 AM

Yes waving to you from Beautiful VA, USA!
I quilt, therefore, I am.
I have been a very artly person for most of my life.....its like I have these crafting voices that scream
"OMG, that would be the most fantabulous....thing!"
It all started with my pacman Pillow, I dont' have it but I remember it.... we had to cut out and hand sew the entire thing, even embroider the eye. Then i moved to wood carving, then crocheting, Then I got into Cross Stitch. Then my son came, OH YEAH! Now I could really play and get crafty!
I got busy and forgot that crafty artsy side in me and didn't craft for a while except for maybe cross stitch. Took care of my grandfather for the last four years of his life - That was truely something i will never take back, b/c he taught me how to look at life with open eyes, and honesty. So I picked up Jewelry making, that went into glass blowing, and when I figured out my true love was with fabric and needed to sew a cover for the cabinets out inthe garage, I bought "my" first sewing machine a Singer Simple. i still use it now for all of my piecing and straght sewing or free motion quilting. But ahhh, I added a new piece of equipment to my arsinal....my Babylock Ellageo Embroidery machine. I Just Love her. I could use her for sewing but I prefer not breaking her down every five minutes when My projects change.
I am planning my DIY wedding on 10/10/10 at 10am my craftiness plays a part in this :)
So there you have it a little about me

donnajean 09-02-2010 04:01 AM

Welcome from southeastern PA!

craftybear 09-02-2010 04:01 AM

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

Congratulations on your wedding! make yourself a cool wall hanging with the date and time you got married!

Loris 09-02-2010 04:03 AM

Welcome from Dalby in Australia

sewmuchmore 09-02-2010 04:16 AM

Woo Hoo welcome aboard from Georgia

oldswimmer 09-02-2010 04:20 AM

Welcome to the board from Nebraska!

sueisallaboutquilts 09-02-2010 04:23 AM

Hi Mini! Nice to meet you!!! I remember my niece having to make a pillow in school, don't remember my kids doing that but they all learned to use my sewing machine at early ages (3 boys lol)
You will never regret those years with your Grandfather- how wonderful that you did that.
Glad you joined us! OMG 10/10/10 will be here before you know it :D

feline fanatic 09-02-2010 04:50 AM

Welcome. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You have quite the artsy crafty resume. Glad you found us.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-02-2010 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Welcome. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You have quite the artsy crafty resume. Glad you found us.

I agree!! :thumbup:

MamaBear61 09-02-2010 05:12 AM

Hello and welcome from Ontario.