Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
auction for a Inspira Quilting frame on goodwill >

auction for a Inspira Quilting frame on goodwill

auction for a Inspira Quilting frame on goodwill

Old 11-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Exclamation auction for a Inspira Quilting frame on goodwill

Just a heads up, Shop Goodwill dot com has a Inspira Quilting Frame - Pantograph up. auction ends in 7 hours or so. It's at $52.00 with a flat fee of $100 shipping and handling right now.
(it ends: 11/19/2014 6:00:00 PM PT)

I don't know anything about these things but there's 4 bundles of the frame on a pallet. I just started sewing, and haven't tried making anything quilted yet, but ran across the frame when I was bidding on something else there.

A google search on "Inspira Quilting Frame -pantograph" showed they go for a heck of a lot more then $152 if anyone needed one but couldn't afford one new.

Anyway good luck if anyone needs it, if this was the wrong forum section to post this in i'm really sorry, I thought it looked brand new and complete and thought someone here might be able to use it.

PS- crossing my fingers I don't get bit in the butt on a different auction i'm bidding on that ends today too, but I still wanted you all to know about the frame.

Kayla
Old 11-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Looks like this is the listing:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18784669.html

This frame might be for a machine with a short harp. Anyone interested in it should Google extensively to get more info before placing a bid. As far as I could tell, this is usually bundled together with a Pfaff Grand Quilter (which comes in both short-arm and mid-arm versions). My guess is someone bought the bundle that came with the smaller Grand Quilter and then ended up not using the frame at all. Someone who wants to put a sewing machine with a small harp on a frame might find this frame useful, but I would choke on the $100 shipping fee!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

I wonder what's up with Oregon quilters, lol. This is the third frame setup in the last couple months coming from the Hillsboro Goodwill.

Cari
Old 11-19-2014, 12:53 PM

cari, it's the very same reason there are so many sewing machines for sale in this state.

The granny or mom gets to old or dies. The kids say it's to much work.

I after all you can hit a wally for the $75 quilt that fall apart in a year. or

as a lady told me, " you can buy those at quilting shows for $50".

I better start going to quilt shows. lol

I had a chance to buy an Inspira for $100, The seller said it was to wiggly for her, I tied it out and yes it did seem that way..

Now I wish I would have bought it anyway..

I to have seen a lot for sale offer there hand quilting frame, the machine frames are what I see as way to hi for being used,

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 11-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Those tables are horrible! The poles bend in the middle and the ratchet gears are plastic. Very poor construction. I had one years ago and it sent me running to buy a professional A-1 machine. That awful table is still in the shed at my ex husbands house, unless he took it to the dump��
Old 11-19-2014, 06:20 PM

Somebody wants it, it is $341.00 now...
that is the one I see on craigslist most often too possibly due to the reasons above?
Old 11-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

That's a ridiculous price for that frame, in my opinion. People are not understanding what they are bidding on!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:10 PM

I ran across the frame listing after I started bidding on a dress form and was just going through the main list. I thought it was a good deal at the $150-$160 it was at when I saw it though. (with shipping)

I found the goodwill site a couple days ago when I was looking for a new vintage sewing machine. I wanted to turn one into a hand crank machine with a kit that seems a lot of sites are carrying now. I won an old Singer 99 there for a total of $40 with shipping that seemed like it was in pretty decent condition. In the vintage sewing machine forum here, there was a user who loved their hand crank, and saw others loving hand cranks on other sites, so figured I'd adopt my own. (especially since converting it with the kit takes 10 minutes or something as one seller claims. If it takes them 10 minutes it will probably take me a few hours or something! LOL)

Fueled by my excitement over the machine I posted about the frame figuring it was a good thing I really had no idea it was bad, the youtube video on how to put one together made it look good. (HUGE, but good) So I'm really sorry if it was someone here who got it and ends up hating it for the reasons above.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:46 AM

Cari-in-Oly, I'm from the area. We have a lot of older people (a lot from old farm families), this weekend is any estate sale also from a quilter (who can no longer sew). A lot of the families don't know what to do with the stuff mom or grandma has left behind, so they send it to GoodWill or off to an estate sale.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
Fueled by my excitement over the machine I posted about the frame figuring it was a good thing I really had no idea it was bad, the youtube video on how to put one together made it look good. (HUGE, but good) So I'm really sorry if it was someone here who got it and ends up hating it for the reasons above.
You have nothing to apologize for...in any bid situation, it's always buyer beware. Plus, I'm sure there are *some* satisfied customers of that frame out there. It was kind of you to share the opportunity!