Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Coffee filter for Kreurig - my recommendation >

Coffee filter for Kreurig - my recommendation

Coffee filter for Kreurig - my recommendation

Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Solofill-Refil.../dp/B004CXG07S
I know this has nothing to do with quilting...but I thought those of you that have a Keurig coffee machine may be interested...I have used many filters for this machine in the past that were not that good..I recently bought this one and its wonderful. It will save you alot of money vs buying those Kcups and you can use your own favorite coffee...its very, very easy and the coffee is wonderful. its about $12.00 on amazon.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Thank you for the information. I think I might just go ahead and purchase as the k-cups can add up quickly.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:22 AM

I haven't seen this one! Thanks for sharing. I have the grey one I use to just pour hot water into my cup when making my favorite tea. You can also put your own coffee in it too.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:09 AM

I have use the one pictured below successfully. I just saw the one you mentioned at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Thursday. I didn't pay attention to the price :oops: :oops: :oops:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216467.jpe  
Old 06-25-2011, 10:17 AM

I have this one also but with the other one you do not have to take apart the Kreurig you just pop it in. Its alot easier and it you want to still use the kcups as my husband does there is not taking anything apart each time. I find the other one easier.
Originally Posted by JanetM
I have use the one pictured below successfully. I just saw the one you mentioned at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Thursday. I didn't pay attention to the price :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I have this one also but with the other one you do not have to take apart the Kreurig you just pop it in. Its alot easier and it you want to still use the kcups as my husband does there is not taking anything apart each time. I find the other one easier.
Oh, you are so right...the Solofill would be much better. I don't use my filter very often, so each time I have to look at the directions on how to remove the insides. If I had the one you suggest I would use it much more often and save money buying so many K-Cups. I think I need to make a trip to Bed,Bath, and Beyond afterall.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 PM

thanks for the heads up, guess where I am headed tomorrow? The cups do add up quickly, especially if you are a coffee drinker, like I am. I just got my coupon in the mail as well! :D
Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 AM

Thank you so much for sharing, you just save us lot of money to buy fabric and quilting tools.....you are awesome!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 AM

I HAD the K-cup holder with the fine mesh screen and it worked pretty good. Of course, I never found the perfect coffee and grind to make it as good as a K cup from Green Mt. Note the HAD above. I save my used K-cups, empty them for compost and then get rid of the container. I had used my own coffee one day and put the strainer in with the used K-cups to empty later. Days went by and I didn't have time to empty all those cups, so, into the trash they went....You got it, the strainer went with them. Waaaah! There went $15 down the old drain, so to speak. I still haven't bought a replacement.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:43 AM

Does it leave sediment in your cup as the grey on does? I do not like sediment in the last few sips of coffee.