Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Craftsy changes?

Craftsy changes?

I have been reading about the changes that are coming very soon to Craftsy, and I am kind of disappointed.
    But, my question is, will my downloaded purchased patterns (saved to iBooks on my ipad) be safe, or do I need to print them? Thanks.

I know they changed to Blueprint in July. Are they changing again now? I haven't noticed any changes that affect me at all.
    Sally

Purchased Craftsy classes are available on Bluprint, so I think you should still find your patterns there. I have downloaded free Craftsy patterns and still have them. But I usually print them off, put them into a notebook, and delete them from my computer.

Craftsy wouldn't be able to delete anything that you've downloaded to your computer.

I think my downloads are in a cloud or something...I am so tech challenged.
    Craftsy is apparently deleting entire shops and picking and choosing which patterns that will remain in existing shops-takes effect 12/28/18. I feel badly for the shop owners who are being “dismissed”. I will not pay $14.99/month for Blueprint...that could buy a lot of fabric!

I just checked there the other day and all my stuff was still there. Couldn't remember my password. DOH!!

The only time I go to Craftsy is when doing the free BOM from Sew Incredibly Crazy and then I print out that month's pattern... the admin. there did post a warning to print out or download things as even they... the designers didn't know what would still be available on their sites....

The message I am seeing from blogger’s who use Craftsy is to make sure to download and save any patterns you have purchased from them. Apparently things will be sort of in limbo....no new patterns can be added, for several months. I spent awhile downloading some free patterns that I had never bothered to get today....they go with things I plan to make.

Best to download any patterns you have purchased before Dec. 28th. Apparently the designers that are being dropped will be not available to view or download after that date and there are quite a few of them.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
    I have been reading about the changes that are coming very soon to Craftsy, and I am kind of disappointed.
    But, my question is, will my downloaded purchased patterns (saved to iBooks on my ipad) be safe, or do I need to print them? Thanks.
    I have my patterns downloaded to my computer, except for the Block of the Month. I wasn't pleased when they made it a subscription. I don't need or want anything but quilting. I sent them an email stating this. IF all the quilting classes where available separately, that would be different. BUT not going the paid route for stuff I don't need.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Blog Entries

Craftsy Question

I would like help figuriing out Craftsy changes. Do any of you know if the classes I've already purchased will remain mine under the same conditions as I purchased them? Or does one need to buy the BluPrint membership to keep the access to the classes. Is there a way to keep the classes on my computer for personal use without the BluPrint membership?
    Please...no bashing of this company or the new route it may take. I just need to know if I can still access the classes I've purchased. Some I've never been able to watch. Any help is appreciated. It's okay to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
    Thanks!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't mind downloading the patterns - although it's a pain in the neck and takes up room (or I can print them, which means lots of ink and more "stuff" around). I'm hoping that they (Blueprint) will honor the promise that classes you've paid for will be there forever.

Will we loose the classes we have paid for?? I refer to a free motion class I bought often. I have downloaded all my patterns.

Blog Entries
    This is what i know. You will retain your classes and patterns that are in your account. I recently purchased a Bluprint subscription when it was on sale for about $80 for the year - I have already gotten my money back - I just recently got an email with coupons for 3 free classes and will get the coupons every quarter for a total of 12 free classes to keep forever (however long that is - LOL). When I purchased it, I got a $25 coupon for craftsy supplies and coupon for 2 free classes, and until 12/31 I get 50% off any purchases. I love the fact that I can check out other crafts or hobbies that I may have a little interest in without having to put out any money. I recently decided to re-explore knitting - lots of classes.

I hope the this next year has the great incentives to join as last year. I love the free shipping on any item and the 50% off. How can it get any better. I have stocked up on thread and quilt kits to last me my forever more then likely. LOL Crafts is different then Bluprint. Craftsy is for buying single classes, Bluprint is for watching all of them for free with membership.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Can you download the classes or just the patterns? I have trouble watching and working on the classes at the same time (computer not in sewing area) so would like to have the classes on a more portable device. How do you do this for someone who is rather tech challenged?

Blog Entries
    This is what I found for how to save craftsy videos. Hope it is helpful to some. https://www.craftsyhelp.com/hc/en-us...lasses-Offline

Craftsy is deleting many shops and patterns. If you have patterns you have not downloaded they need to be done by December 28. I have had several designers sned notices out - some have already closed shop and deleted their pattern fromt he site. Most plan to find another venue.

Thank you for letting us know about the patterns, will get busy today.

Blog Entries
    I found this information on the craftsy.com FAQ page:

Q: What happens to my purchased Craftsy classes/patterns?

A: Those are still yours forever! Your classes and patterns will remain in your Class and Pattern Libraries, regardless of your Bluprint subscription status. We understand that a subscription isnít for everybody, so you can still buy the specific classes you have your eye on, and you will always have access to the classes and patterns youíve purchased. If youíre curious about Bluprint/Craftsy Unlimited, you can give it a try with a 7-day free trial!

Suggestion - for Craftsy questions, if you have not contacted them, here's their Customer Service link. Hopefully you should be able to get answers from the source. Hope this helps.

I got this message this morning. It is a perspective from one of the Craftsy designers that will be staying on at Blueprint.
    https://quiltdoodledesigns.blogspot....eid=df478d270b

Quote Originally Posted by palandrum View Post
    I found this information on the craftsy.com FAQ page:

Q: What happens to my purchased Craftsy classes/patterns?

A: Those are still yours forever! Your classes and patterns will remain in your Class and Pattern Libraries, regardless of your Bluprint subscription status. We understand that a subscription isn’t for everybody, so you can still buy the specific classes you have your eye on, and you will always have access to the classes and patterns you’ve purchased. If you’re curious about Bluprint/Craftsy Unlimited, you can give it a try with a 7-day free trial!
    Thank you for posting this-very helpful.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for helping sort out the changes. I've printed the embroidery patterns and have decided 2017 will be the year of getting the Craftsy classes done.
    I love the positiveness of QB and the help given to those of us who need it.
    Thanks, moderators, for keeping everything upbeat and friendly. :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you for the information on classes and also the link from the store owner. It must have been difficult for them - 10 days to decide what to do, and as she says, during the busyness of the holiday season. And then there are those who were told that their shop would be closed. Yikes! However, it is a business, and they have to do what they have to do to remain successful over the long haul. Guess I'd better get to my Craftsy and see what I want to follow up on/save or risk losing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast