Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Embroidery hoop quilting? >

Embroidery hoop quilting?

Embroidery hoop quilting?

Old 02-24-2016, 03:26 PM

Default Embroidery hoop quilting?

I just saw on accuquilt website a tute on embroidery hoop quilting (QAYG) along with an appliqué edge on a fun flower ( die) by Marjorie busby......anyone here have similar or same and or tried this technique. The price of these emb things are cheap. $10-12....... Never have done this, but my machine is capable of doing it.....
Old 02-25-2016, 12:04 AM

Can you provide the website? I am not sure what you are saying and I would like to look at it.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 AM

I'm interested also
Old 02-25-2016, 03:51 AM

here is the website from i can makeout that price is for the embroidery design but you still need to buy the die to cut the pieces and the design stitches the placement guide so you can place the pieces that you cut from the die then the embroider designs will continue to satin stitch around the applique here is the link http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/notion...y-designs.html
Old 02-25-2016, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
here is the website from i can makeout that price is for the embroidery design but you still need to buy the die to cut the pieces and the design stitches the placement guide so you can place the pieces that you cut from the die then the embroider designs will continue to satin stitch around the applique here is the link http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/notion...y-designs.html

Yes, i as, I understand having to buy the flower die, just wondered if anyone here has used her embroidery software to embellish die cuts?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
Can you provide the website? I am not sure what you are saying and I would like to look at it.
it it was an email from accuquilt news......apparently on their blog site? I don't do that, so it's a guess....but it showed the flower die piece on a square...the software then appliqués this flower, apparently several choices of stitches, then also quilted, again, looks like several design choices the background of the block. Then she picture tutes how to QAYG these blocks...looked cute, just wondered if anyone has done this. I wish I knew how to bring that email post to this site, but not "smart" enough to do that......
Old 02-25-2016, 08:55 AM

i found this on the web site under blogs............ http://www.accuquilt.com/blog/educat...op-like-a-pro/ is this it
Old 02-25-2016, 09:07 AM

after reading her tutorial yes i have done a table runner like but not with the auccu quilt die i purchased a precut embroidery design and i did qayg that way it was nice
Old 02-25-2016, 09:08 AM

i found this on the web site under blogs............ http://www.accuquilt.com/blog/educat...op-like-a-pro/ is this it
yes! That's what I was questioning...looks nice, wonder if "really" works, or more work than worth...

thanks so much for finding the site....
Old 02-26-2016, 07:56 AM

You do not have to buy the die to cut out the pieces. I do lots of applique with my embroidery machine without cutting the pieces with a die. If I have the die, it definitely is easier to use it, but if I don't it is not hard to get the same job done.