Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Great Prices at Sue's Sew EZ Designs, an online fabric store is closing >

Great Prices at Sue's Sew EZ Designs, an online fabric store is closing

Great Prices at Sue's Sew EZ Designs, an online fabric store is closing

Old 02-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up Great Prices at Sue's Sew EZ Designs, an online fabric store is closing

Here is a link to an online source for Top Name Brand fabrics, priced at a discount. Sue is closing her store, and needs to sell out. She has lots of Aurifil (sp?) cones of thread, some of her Original Patterns for sale, and quite a nice selection of quilting fabrics, including some wide backings. Take a look at the RJR. I'm posting this because I am one of her happy customers. But, gee, I just cannot buy it all...
http://www.sewezdesigns.com/
Old 02-08-2014, 04:24 PM

checked it out for five yards to ship to Wyoming was 14.00 shipping. REALLY there goes the sale should have fit in a 6.00 box with maybe 1.00 shipping fees added that is double the cost. wow.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:18 PM

I am always sad to hear of another LQS closing. I won't be able to take advantage of the prices but I wish her well.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:04 AM

Elisabrat, I didn't clarify about the shipping: when you first fill out the Order Form, the shipping shows up as outrageous, but when Sue prepares your actual order, she ships the cheapest way, so the rates go down, she ONLY charges exact amount she pays the P.O., for example, using ExpressMail USPS boxes. I was confused the first time I ordered, but she is Consistent in this practice. I've never been overcharged.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:26 AM

I've ordered from Sue lots of times, and yes she will credit shipping to the actual on the invoice.

Sue has been closing her online shop for over a year now. Pretty sure it was last January when I stocked up on all my Aurifil because she was closing. Judging from what she has in stock now, I'm sure she's restocked since then.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 AM

I am thinking this may be a marketing ploy. I ordered from her 4 or 5 years ago and she had a "going out of business" sale going on then. Not that there is anything wrong with her products, but just saying . . . .
Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 PM

She does reimburse your credit card for the shipping overage, she did it for me.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I've ordered from Sue lots of times, and yes she will credit shipping to the actual on the invoice.

Sue has been closing her online shop for over a year now. Pretty sure it was last January when I stocked up on all my Aurifil because she was closing. Judging from what she has in stock now, I'm sure she's restocked since then.
I wondered about her closing too when she has threads on order--if she were indeed closing her shop she would no be reordering.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
I wondered about her closing too when she has threads on order--if she were indeed closing her shop she would no be reordering.
May I jump in here? Sue has been in the process of closing her personal business for two years: she puts her clients' needs first, and has continued to stock more Aurifil because her customers continue to request specific colors. She has a contract with the Website providers, and yes, she did sign on with them for another year, with reluctance. Her husband wants her to close the business, and it has taken longer to do so than she intended. I admire her guts: I'm too much of a coward to open a business of any kind. It would be my hope that she could find another daring entrepreneurial spirit who could take over her business and eventually buy her out. Anyone with the derring-do to be a businesswoman in the economic climate of this day and age????? ...they have my full respect and encouragement. Keep on, Sue, let the good deals continue, as long as the process takes.
Oh, and for full disclosure? Sue doesn't know who I am, as she has many happy customers in Michigan.