Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Just got my online Wal-Mart fabric - It's Great and Affordable!! >

Just got my online Wal-Mart fabric - It's Great and Affordable!!

Just got my online Wal-Mart fabric - It's Great and Affordable!!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM

The other day there was a post about WM having available fabric online (but I was unable to locate it to post this info).

There had been some discussion of quality, etc., but I ordered nonetheless as the prices were such that even if I had to use the fab's for lesser projects, it would be worth it and we would know.

Well I got them today and examined each and every one very closely. In short, I am quite impressed. These are nothing like the sometimes "gauzy" buck or two a yard stuff sometimes on their sales counters when they had them, but nice stuff. I will use them in all but lifetime heirlooms of which I don't make that many and usually make special purchase for them anyway.

Anyway, for the time being, online purchases are done only in precuts (2 yards on the regular cotton fab's), and other lengths as shown. Also, you can only buy 1 precut at a time, i.e., if you need 6 yards of one fab, you can't get three packages on the same purchase ... only one per.

There was some discussion also that their "cottons" were not 100% cotton. I examined that as well. They are indeed 100% cotton and nicely printed, etc.

I also got a few of the Baby Quilt kits. I have gotten stung on kits from LQS and other onlines, so was somewhat hesitant. These are great and the backings included with the BQ tops are beautifully coordinated prints. Just pillowcase construct those puppies and you won't even need to bind them. Very nice, and the instructions for that are included in the kit as well.

Here are the items I got and it’s free if shipped to your nearest store for pickup. My pre-tax cost for all of this was just $72.73.

Three Baby Quilt kits – very nice including the top and coordinated back - $9 each
Three yard cut of 108” wide bleached muslin - $6
Four 2-yard cuts of 100% cotton prints, nice - $7 each
One and a half yards of 56” wide 100% cotton denim (lightweight) - $8

Here's the link:

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...onstraint=2637

We're 50 miles from our nearest Wal-Mart, so online is my normal mode of purchase. I will check our stores next time we go to town and see if they've begun to reintroduce the fabrics there as well. Sure hope so.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Our local Wal-Mart has many of the fabrics that appear on the web in stock.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

awesome!!!!! I totally missed the walmart fabric online earlier...... wooooooo hooooooo!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 AM

I saw some fabric on their website that is also in the
store...much cheaper in the store.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by suekenyon
I saw some fabric on their website that is also in the
store...much cheaper in the store.
Most of the fabrics in our store have gone up to $4.97 and $5.97 a yard. So I will remember this if there is something I want from them. $8 for 2 yards online is cheaper for me.

You are lucky that your store hasn't raised prices yet. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 AM

My local Walmart does not have any fabric and according to the manager, they are not getting any either. I went to their site and ordered 1 2 yard piece to see what the quality is, haven't received it yet, will let you know how it is when I get it in a few days. Better than driving over an hour to the closest LQS.

Kate
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 AM

My local Walmart has a pretty big fabric department, and they put all the clearance fabric together. In April I got 60 inch wide fleece, the better stuff with no pilling for $4.00 a yard. Plus the saleslady told me over 6oo bolts marked down to $3.00 or less a yard. I am always afraid they will shut down that dept. but everyone that works in the fabric dept. says its there to stay, so I am pretty lucky after hearing from alot of you gals that theirs is no longer there for them.Alot of the fabrics that are on line are in the store but some are not. I love the idea of ordering online from them, especially in the Winter.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM

I just spent $56.00!!!! Love this! Our Wal-Mart got rid of the fabric section! Boy did I hate that!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM

There is some very cute fabric on that site! Good prices, too!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM

I'm glad I can go on line to buy fabric from Wal mart. I will try it. Our Wal mart doesn't have fabric anymore. Thanks for sharing. :)