Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Just Wanna Quilt (podcast) >

Just Wanna Quilt (podcast)

Just Wanna Quilt (podcast)

Old 09-30-2018, 05:02 PM

Default Just Wanna Quilt (podcast)

Several weeks ago I found this podcast and have really enjoyed listening to it. I think I've tuned in to almost every episode.

The host, Dr. Elizabeth Townsend Gard, is a law professor by day who loves to quilt in her spare time. She is doing a research project by way of interviewing quilters --some famous, some no-names. I like her interview style: she really lets the guests talk.

Since she specializes in copyright law, there's a touch of that topic in most episodes, which I personally am attracted to. I've always been a stickler about protecting intellectual property, and seriously considered going to law school myself. Don't worry, though; when I say a "a touch" of copyright law, I mean a teeny tiny bit. Mostly it's all about quilting, and the topics have a wide range.

I love to listen to podcasts while sewing, and this one has become a favorite. I don't share all her views so am not part of the Quilting Army, but I certainly find plenty of common ground to keep returning to "Just Wanna Quilt" .

https://www.justwannaquilt.com/podcast

PS If you have never listened to a podcast or know how to tune in, simply click the link above. It's as easy as finding anything else. If you forget, just google "just wanna quilt podcast" and it'll take you there. Easy peasy.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:32 AM

I have been listening to Justwannaquilt podcats also. Tula Pink, Liz Fons, Leah Day...and everyday quilters like us have been interviewed.

After the introduction of the guest, the same ? is asked: What is your first memory of someone sewing in your life? The research podcast is all about what makes the Quilting industry work ...with a little bit of copyright thrown in.
There is a Quilting Army Facebook group for those who wish to join and play an active role in the research project.
I am only a podcast listener at this point.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to listen. I'm really enjoying the Friendship quilt podcast that was posted on here.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:35 AM

I went to the link, but I can't get it to play? What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-03-2018, 05:43 AM

You clicked on the yellow play arrow? There is a brief delay after hitting Play. Make sure you unmute the sound and turn it up.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

Zozee- is it on NPR?

Oops- didn't see the link. Need more coffee