Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt >

Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt

Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt

Old 07-10-2016, 07:21 AM

The pattern was well written and easy to follow. You typically would make one set of blocks per month so it was maybe 2-4 hours worth of work each month (assuming everything went to plan). Last year was flying geese, HST, courthouse steps and square in a square blocks. These are her original patterns.

The first month was selecting fabric. The last month was putting the quilt together. She emails you a 1 page set of instructions each month. At the end, there is a random drawing of prizes for those that send her a picture of their finished quilt or quilt top.

Here are all of last year's quilts: http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.co...al-parade.html

Mine says "Libby D" but you can see all of the colorways above. I was unspoiled. If you want to see the finished quilt ahead of time to decide if you want to participate, you can send her an email and she will send you a picture of the finished quilt.

Last year's quilt was much larger than this year which will finish at 60"X60". Because I give mine to PL, I took off the bottom row, flipped the quilt and put that row on the back. So mine is different than all of the other quilts in the link above.

This is the pattern from the year before, which I didn't participate in: http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.co...lt-parade.html

Between the two prior mysteries, I think you can get the sense of what type of quilt patterns she makes to see if you like it.

I hope you will join in. It was a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Silliness ... Please tell us about your experience last year ... and show us a photo of the quilt you made.

I am interested in doing this, though have had some Mystery experiences that were not the best, and so am a little hesitant for new ones.

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 AM

Jeanne, here are the links to the reveals/pictures of her previous two mysteries:

http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.co...lt-parade.html

http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/03/midnight-mystery-quilt-reveal-parade.html
Old 07-10-2016, 07:38 AM

Oh, thanks for the links to the prior years mysteries! I like them so am definitely going to try this one! Hope some of you will join in too!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:00 PM

I am glad you are going to join Jeanne. I, too, hope some others join.

I do want to add something that I learned the hard way last year, the fabric requirements that were sent out last week are absolute minimums to cut out all of your pieces (fabric cutting is next month's task). There is no excess. If you screw up sewing a block, you need to have more fabric available to cut out new pieces or you will be stuck with wonky blocks. So I would make sure you have at least another 1/4 yard more than what Cheryl says the fabric requirements are just to be safe.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

I always shy away from mysteries but after looking at these to links of previous years I might have to try this. My fear is picking the right fabrics. Thanks for posting this.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:19 AM

Looks like fun. I will raid my stash & see what fabrics I can come up with for the mystery quilt. Thanks for the link!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
I always shy away from mysteries but after looking at these to links of previous years I might have to try this. My fear is picking the right fabrics. Thanks for posting this.
I have the same problem. But I look at mystery quilts as learning experiences! If I don't like it I can gift it to charity. If I like the pattern we can always make it again with knowledgeable fabric choices. Join us!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by silliness View Post
I am glad you are going to join Jeanne. I, too, hope some others join.

I do want to add something that I learned the hard way last year, the fabric requirements that were sent out last week are absolute minimums to cut out all of your pieces (fabric cutting is next month's task). There is no excess. If you screw up sewing a block, you need to have more fabric available to cut out new pieces or you will be stuck with wonky blocks. So I would make sure you have at least another 1/4 yard more than what Cheryl says the fabric requirements are just to be safe.
thanks so much for the tip!! I may go get a little extra now as I tend to make "boo-boos"!!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:27 PM

This mystery looks like fun and I've already gone stash diving once but I think I'll go again, lol. I am also not on Facebook.

I like her other mystery quilts, they look doable.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:02 AM

Oh boy! Thanks so much for sharing this. I joined the FB page and I am jumping in head first Can't wait to get started with cutting!