Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Mystery Quilt - Edyta Sitar >

Mystery Quilt - Edyta Sitar

Old 03-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

Laundry Basket Quilts is Edyta Sitar's pattern business and blog. She has lots of patterns. Which one are you interested in making? Is it the current mystery quilt?
Old 03-27-2020, 10:02 AM

Hi Kitsie - Edyta has a free Mystery Quilt going on if you check her blog. Something like 100 blocks in 14 days. Let me tell you, there is some real sustained sewing going on to keep up. You can use her fabrics or choose from your own stash. I'm doing the later but do have a few of her fabrics thrown in. You might want to look at it and see if it appeals to you. This is my first time ever doing a mystery quilt. Can't wrap my brain around blind faith sewing but loving her color sense and design I'm trusting her to get me through it. She has the most phenomenal blues in her fabric collections.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:12 AM

We don't seem to have an active group, but we did have this thread here:

There is a link to the project inside there as well.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:37 AM

Hi Kitsie, which quilt are you talking about? I made her pineapple quilt, she calls it "Hawaiian Delight", I've posted pics here before. Pineapple log cabin (post #4). She recently remade that quilt in blues, it's gorgeous.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the replies! I am asking about the Mystery Quilt 2020. The blocks seem to be my favorite 6" ! I will do at least one of each for the community quilt tops I send to Canada.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:47 PM
Gay

Thanks for the tip-off for the mystery 2020. I spent most of the morning downloading the clues, and can only hope I don't forget to collect the rest. Haven't visited her site for ages, and am loving this one. Also found another , Patches of Blue, which is now on my list.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:24 AM

I've been downloading the patterns faithfully every day! I actually made the four first blocks but didn't have an Accuquilt die for the next one! I depend on them because i'm such a terrible cutter without them! But I her sense of color and design and I've made her Deep Blue Sea quilt which went together beautifully, so I just might go ahead and attempt it at some point. I don't have the bundle of fabric she's using either, just thinking about using what I have. I did also join her block of the month club, like I don't have enough to keep me busy-but I did that a few weeks ago.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-28-2020 at 03:48 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-29-2020, 05:38 PM

I have nothing fancier than my rotary cutter Istace. Will never win awards for my cutting either but it hasn't been an issue for this project. Nothing all that difficult but it sure is time consuming, especially when 16 blocks are to be done in one day. Still, this is keeping my mind occupied and peaceful. When this is done, will have something positive to remember about this sheltering. Am also using fabrics from my stash. Have some fabric scraps of her previous fabrics and am including them where I can.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:54 PM

I have been saving the block instructions, and can hardly wait to see the entire quilt. Once I get a few projects out of the way, I want to tackle this one.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:33 AM

I am saving the instructions also. So far looking at the blocks and how they are laid out I think I will change the layout for my liking. I will also be using fabrics from my stash.