Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
now here's simple---crazy 9P >

now here's simple---crazy 9P

now here's simple---crazy 9P

Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 AM

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...mments/page/2/
Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 AM

I used almost the same cut out over 3 years ago for my G-daughter's quilt. She choose bright fabrics and happy prints. She was 13 at the time.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I used almost the same cut out over 3 years ago for my G-daughter's quilt. She choose bright fabrics and happy prints. She was 13 at the time.
this is such a great idea--i've never seen this pattern or a quilt made this way even though the post is a few years old! They sure are coming up with a lot of new "wonky" ways to cut!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

that is very different, It would be neat with a different color combination. Penny
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Several of the ladies in my church group are making these crazy 9 patch quilts with bright jewel tone tonals and they are turning out beautiful. They are using black for sashing and some in the borders, too. One lady used zebra print in her borders. Another is using a black strip the size of the sashing strips for her 1st black border, then a strip of square blocks from some of the remaining 9 patch fabrics. She will probably have the outside border done when we meet next Tuesday, but I forgot what she said she was putting, but it was not going to be zebra.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by nlgh
Several of the ladies in my church group are making these crazy 9 patch quilts with bright jewel tone tonals and they are turning out beautiful. They are using black for sashing and some in the borders, too. One lady used zebra print in her borders. Another is using a black strip the size of the sashing strips for her 1st black border, then a strip of square blocks from some of the remaining 9 patch fabrics. She will probably have the outside border done when we meet next Tuesday, but I forgot what she said she was putting, but it was not going to be zebra.
i would like to see a picture of those! especially if they used black-it really draws the colors out. i think i may try one of these, i think i may have enough retro fabric to do a small one
Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nlgh
Now those colors sound beautiful. Penny
Old 04-02-2010, 06:53 AM

I made this pattern into a bedspread for my guest room by adding a skirt and leaving out padding. I used florals in pinks and greens and turquoises. I will post a photo when I am back home. Right now I am visiting my daughter in Ohio.