Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Patchwork by Ana Cosentino on Utube >

Patchwork by Ana Cosentino on Utube

Patchwork by Ana Cosentino on Utube

Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM

Default Patchwork by Ana Cosentino on Utube

I just ran across a video on Utube showing patchwork by Ana Cosentino. Ana's work is absolutely fabulous. Trouble is, I don't speak Portuguese. If anyone has any idea of how to get a translation to English, please let me know. If you want to treat your eyes, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ept9OYmVmk.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 AM

She does have a website, but it isn't as show and tell-ish as the video. If you like watercolor quilts, though, Lucy Fazely has some nice ones, with free patterns here:

http://www.lucyfazely.com/free.html

Gai Perry (love that name!) has a great book out called Impressionist Quilts that is very inspiring as well...not that I've been inspired to do one yet but it's on my list!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you for the website. I just checked it out and like the patterns she offers. I am interested in making watercolor quilts and one-color quilts. Also, interested in making rag quilts and maybe chenille. Just saw your posting for the flannel you gave away. Wow, that was a great, generous offer. I have sewn in the garment industry for several years when I lived in So. California. Just recently, after retiring, I have wanted to try quilting. I took a Thimbleberries class from a LQS to get my toes wet. I got up to block 8 and my Bernina died, repaired, died, repaired died and finally sent machine to Meissner's in Sacramento who finally repaired machine. The Bernina authorized repairman in Redding couldn't fix my machine. I am taking Leah Day's online class on machine quilting using a home sewing machine. I think I'll start with practicing quilting on small blankets for kitties. By chance do you do your own quilting or have someone else do them?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM

I'm afraid to do any free motion quilting, to be honest. I stitch in the ditch, tie with thread, or...leave unquilted. I guess I like piecing better than quilting!