Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   For all you glue stick users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/all-you-glue-stick-users-t194400.html)

Buckeye Rose 07-12-2012 08:58 AM

For all you glue stick users

I just got home from WalMart and found Elmer's Glue Sticks in the "Back to School" section for $.10 each....yup, just 10 cents! I picked up 10, should have got more....LOL

kwilter 07-12-2012 09:05 AM

I heard that if you put them in the fridge they will keep much longer♥

BellaBoo 07-12-2012 10:23 AM

I know!! I bought 50 sticks! They will go in the goody bags for the guild retreat. Everyone can use a glue stick. Did you see the narrow plastic pencil boxes for .47? Great for keeping bobbins and extra sewing feet as well as marking pencils. I love back to school sales. Do not let the dorm office chairs at Walmart get passed you. The extra wide and tall back ones are fantastic and come in great colors. I bought one of each color last year and they made nice really unexpected Christmas gifts. They are easy to store in the box and so inexpensive.

Tartan 07-12-2012 10:42 AM

Isn't it great to stroll the back to school specials now that you don't actually need to? I love seeing what can go into my sewing room.

meanmom 07-13-2012 04:11 AM

I buy all the really cheap stuff and the back to school stuff that is free with a rebate. Then I keep a few things and donate the rest to the school where I work for the kids that can't afford school supplies. I haven't ever paid for paper for my printer. I get a bunch free every year at the sales. Since the paper is free and my printer uses the ink that is $5 I can print out as many quilt patterns and recipes I want.

Ann63 07-13-2012 08:09 AM

I bought 20 sticks last weekend. I also love the the clear protector sheets for printed patterns. The smallest amount of water can ruined a pattern printed on inkjet printers.

chips88 07-13-2012 09:13 AM

meanmon, where do you buy your ink for 5.00 and what kind of printer is it. i have a kodak?

judykay 07-13-2012 09:51 AM

Wish I would have had time to read this before I went to WalMart, I just got back. Thanks for the heads up, I may need to make another trip, it is only about two miles from me but traffic is horrible in that area so I try to avoid it.

judykay 07-13-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5360845)
I buy all the really cheap stuff and the back to school stuff that is free with a rebate. Then I keep a few things and donate the rest to the school where I work for the kids that can't afford school supplies. I haven't ever paid for paper for my printer. I get a bunch free every year at the sales. Since the paper is free and my printer uses the ink that is $5 I can print out as many quilt patterns and recipes I want.

What store do you shop at? I like your idea and I could donate extras to my grandsons school.

brookemarie19 07-13-2012 10:56 AM

They aren't on sale here yet as school doesn't start until after Labor Day. Hopefully they won't all be sold out when I go down to FL for August... maybe I can get some good deals there.

Meanmom, where do you get rebates for some of the school stuff? I really like your idea to help out the schools. We definitely need it here.