Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Another Drunkards Path Option (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/another-drunkards-path-option-t63484.html)

stitchinwitch 09-08-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by alica1367

Originally Posted by quilting Carol
Yes I think you are correct...frezer paper,spray the can starch in lid to make liquid, and craft glue.
Then you sew around it to finish it.( lift up and sew between clipped area)

I would think she probably used applique glue so it would dissolve, craft glue would be hard wouldn't it?

I didn't know of anything called applique glue - have YOU used it? How would you rate it?

Rettie V. Grama 09-08-2010 03:37 PM

Seems to me any craft glue will work. I use Elmer's Craft Bond. Just spray a tiny spray to make piece stay in place umtil I applique.

alica1367 09-08-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch

Originally Posted by alica1367

Originally Posted by quilting Carol
Yes I think you are correct...frezer paper,spray the can starch in lid to make liquid, and craft glue.
Then you sew around it to finish it.( lift up and sew between clipped area)

I would think she probably used applique glue so it would dissolve, craft glue would be hard wouldn't it?

I didn't know of anything called applique glue - have YOU used it? How would you rate it?

I haven't used it. just bought some today. But the ladies at my guild that applique swear by it.

butterflywing 09-08-2010 05:48 PM

this technique is not better or faster. it has many more steps than a drunkard's path and it's a circle, not a drunkard's path. they also didn't show you how you have to stitch around the round snipped section by lifting the flat surface with the hole a tiny bit at a time while you work your way around the entire hole, lifting with one hand and steering the fabric with the other. been there, done that. only once and never again.

imo, it's a much better idea to practice and learn how to curve-piece the traditional way with no glue or freezer paper. i think sometimes we tend to over-technique ourselves and forget the craft of piecing.

alica1367 09-08-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
this technique is not better or faster. it has many more steps than a drunkard's path and it's a circle, not a drunkard's path. they also didn't show you how you have to stitch around the round snipped section by lifting the flat surface with the hole a tiny bit at a time while you work your way around the entire hole, lifting with one hand and steering the fabric with the other. been there, done that. only once and never again.

imo, it's a much better idea to practice and learn how to curve-piece the traditional way with no glue or freezer paper. i think sometimes we tend to over-technique ourselves and forget the craft of piecing.

Exactly. Try working with scraps, after about 2 or 3 you get the hang of it. Try bigger sizes first. Small ones are a little more difficult but with practice you can conquer them.

zz-pd 09-09-2010 12:27 AM

I like that methiod. Thank you and God bless.

stitchinwitch 09-09-2010 04:20 AM

Thank you

Originally Posted by penny doty
I like that methiod. Thank you and God bless.

:wink:

jitkaau 09-09-2010 04:47 AM

Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson's Quilt show had an episode recently that showed how to do this method with freezer paper and glue.

applique 09-09-2010 03:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I sew in the seams then go back and applique the curve. For me it is quicker and easier.

farmquilter 09-09-2010 03:43 PM

"I sew in the seams then go back and applique the curve. For me it is quicker and easier."

applique, would you have more information or a link on your method of doing the circles.