Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Batiks in Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/batiks-hobby-lobby-t214852.html)

bigsister63 02-25-2013 01:00 PM

Batiks in Hobby Lobby

I was in a Hobby Lobby today and They are now carrying batiks at $12.99/yd. I think that is the going price in LQS. The selection is not too bad and the quality is good. With a 40% off coupon that is a good price. I like HL fabric but I wish they would change the variety more often.

Dina 02-25-2013 01:30 PM

I noticed this too. I thought maybe I just hadn't noticed them before... I didn't have time to really look at them, but I will next time.

Dina

auntpiggylpn 02-25-2013 01:32 PM

I like Hobby Lobby too. The tend to carry older lines of fabric that disappear from LQS quickly. Their personal line which is Brother Sister Studio Designs is usually good quality. I agree that their inventory doesn't change up very often. You are right if you use a 40% off coupon the batiks are more affordable (just like that other fabric store in town!). The only real issue I have with them is that they will only take their own coupons and we only get 1 HL coupon every other week in our local newspaper.

becca1231 02-26-2013 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5887947)
I like Hobby Lobby too. The tend to carry older lines of fabric that disappear from LQS quickly. Their personal line which is Brother Sister Studio Designs is usually good quality. I agree that their inventory doesn't change up very often. You are right if you use a 40% off coupon the batiks are more affordable (just like that other fabric store in town!). The only real issue I have with them is that they will only take their own coupons and we only get 1 HL coupon every other week in our local newspaper.

You can go to hobbylobby.com and print off their weekly coupon. You can print as many as you want but you can only use one per transaction.

MaryKatherine 02-26-2013 04:30 AM

They're cheaper at connectingthreads.com
MK

MadP 02-26-2013 05:35 AM

I have quit shopping at connecting threads since someone stole my credit card number from them. Anyone else have that happen since thousands were hacked.

TexasGurl 02-26-2013 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5887947)

Go ONLINE and print the 40% off coupon, they have it every week ... who needs the newspaper??

oh munner 02-26-2013 08:11 AM

I think I'll have to go check this out. In humble opinion, I think Hobby Lobby's fabric is much nicer and a few dollars less than JoAnn's.

crafty pat 02-26-2013 08:15 AM

I go on line and copy a coupon before I shop if I can't find my paper.

Sewfine 02-26-2013 08:38 AM

I noticed our HL here has had it for about two weeks now. Yes, good quality fabric, but did not have time to check out the price.