Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Binge watched Craftsy 2012 BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/binge-watched-craftsy-2012-bom-t274912.html)

BluegrassGurl 01-24-2016 07:17 AM

Binge watched Craftsy 2012 BOM

I recently discovered Craftsy's BOM classes are free!!! I have signed up for the 2016 BOM and am excited to get started on that one.

While waiting for the arrival of my fabric, I browsed the site for other BOM classes and came across rave reviews for the 2012 BOM with Amy Gibson. I signed up.... started watching and simply could not stop. The class covers a multitude of piecing methods which ultimately results in a sampler. While I am not typically a fan of samplers, I am {eventually} going to make this one. Also, I have fallen in love with Amy Gibson!!! She is a great instructor and such a sweetheart.

I wanted to share the treasure I found in case there are others who might enjoy it. Just go to the Craftsy site and search for BOM.

Happy quilting!

ManiacQuilter2 01-24-2016 09:08 AM

I am doing another PP BOM that was posted here. Enjoy your free classes.

Sallyflymi 01-24-2016 05:38 PM

Amy is a great teacher. Glad you enjoyed the BOM. I finished that quilt not long a go.

Granna of 5 01-24-2016 05:47 PM

I am also doing the BOM 2016 on Craftsy, that is if they get the feed better, it drove me nuts with all the stopping and changing pages on me. I think the quilt is really pretty.

kbeuchert 01-25-2016 04:26 AM

I did this class with a little group of quilters that get together once a month. You learn so many different techniques and Amy is a wonderful teacher! I just quilted my sampler this last week.

Onebyone 01-25-2016 05:55 AM

I love Craftsy. It's the same as going to a workshop with the instructor anytime you want. I would still chose going in person but sometimes that's not possible.

coopah 01-25-2016 06:02 AM

I did that one and learned a lot. Some of those squares ended up in two patriotic quilts I made. It was a win-win. The patriotic quilts got finished and I learned new things.

shasta5718 01-25-2016 09:19 AM

I have taken several Craftsy classes and I feel that Amy Gibson has been the best teacher I have had. She really goes into detail and shows everything. I took her first BOM class and learned so many different things. Up until that time all I had ever done was tied quilts. Now I actually completed one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts and have gone on to do a lot of others. I haven't posted as I don't have any way to do it at this time. But do Amy Gibson's free BOM and you won't regret it.

my-ty 01-25-2016 10:06 AM

Just signed up for it and watched January & February's sessions ... now to dig in my stash and start sewing. I am not a big fan of samplers but am looking forwards to trying new techniques and experimenting. Thanks for telling us about this BOM.

rvsfan 01-25-2016 10:53 AM

If you take Craftsy's Free Motion a Sampler with Leah Day, she works with this 2012 BOM quilt. Even includes a tutorial for QAYG.