Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Craftsy.com free BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/craftsy-com-free-bom-t204872.html)

GailG 11-02-2012 03:50 AM

Craftsy.com free BOM

Don't know if this is the proper place to put this but the free block of the month for 2012 has ended. It was a great series.:thumbup: I have followed it since January and kept up by printing out the patterns, directions, etc. [Of course I have not made anything yet!] This month was a series of demonstrations from assembling the blocks through the layering, machine quilting, and finally binding. And Amy had a wonderful surprise for the last month. The classes are free, but registration is required. I learned so many techniques and tricks by watching every month.

Have any of you followed along and made the blocks?

nygal 11-02-2012 03:56 AM

Will there be a new BOM starting soon?

GailG 11-02-2012 03:59 AM

I don't know. She mentions her blog that will have updates. There are other classes offered but that was the only free one that I found this year.

linynp 11-03-2012 03:57 AM

Oh I've been doing it all year! It's been great since I'm new to quilting. So I'm putting it together then quilt/bind. It's been fantastic. Sad it's ending. However she's doing one on her blog (small fee) and I'll be doing it. She's a fantastic teacher and sooo creative!

homecaregiver 11-03-2012 04:04 AM

I have saved all the pages for the blocks and after the new year, I hope to get started on them.
I love the craftsy site and am subscribed to their newsletter.
Pat

anniebannanny 11-03-2012 04:53 PM

I just signed up for Amy's Block of the Month for 2013....I loved the 2012 series! I found out about it in August so it was too late to start BUT I intend to make the quilt. I learned so much watching the lessons. I love taking the Craftsy classes because you can go back anytime and watch it over again. Great value for the money. I highly recommend the classes to everyone!

dotcomdtcm 11-03-2012 06:15 PM

I did make the blocks. The instructions were great and I like the modern interpretations. I will purchase her next series.

sewellie 11-03-2012 08:59 PM

I, too, have printed all the months, but had not started it yet. Have some purple fabric saved for it.

DebbieG 11-04-2012 04:16 AM

I followed it and made them all!! Have tried numerous times to post pics but it won't load!

adnil458 11-04-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by anniebannanny (Post 5632784)
I just signed up for Amy's Block of the Month for 2013....I loved the 2012 series! I found out about it in August so it was too late to start BUT I intend to make the quilt. I learned so much watching the lessons. I love taking the Craftsy classes because you can go back anytime and watch it over again. Great value for the money. I highly recommend the classes to everyone!

I also have printed and saved online each month. Instructions in bag with white background fabric. Is this consider a UFO yet? or a WIP? or hahahaha. I can't find where the 2013 BOM is...HELP