Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Craftsy Previews not what they used to be. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/craftsy-previews-not-what-they-used-t289289.html)

Watson 06-28-2017 04:03 AM

Craftsy Previews not what they used to be.

....has anyone else noticed that these have changed?

There is a lot less information about the class in the preview anymore and it makes me hesitate to take the class, as I'm not sure I'm getting what I hope to out of it.

The one preview was all about the teacher and said hardly anything about the actual class.

It's a shame because I used to take a class now and then but I'm not taking the chance if I can't get a good overview of the class. Especially when I'm paying Canadian exchange on the $ to do it!

Watson

Geri B 06-28-2017 04:25 AM

I would let Craftsy know of your concerns.....

dunster 06-28-2017 04:38 AM

I understand your reluctance, but Craftsy really does have a "complete satisfaction" policy. If you don't like the class you get, they will refund your money, no questions asked. I've done that a couple of times when the class just wasn't for me.

rvsfan 06-28-2017 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7853129)
I understand your reluctance, but Craftsy really does have a "complete satisfaction" policy. If you don't like the class you get, they will refund your money, no questions asked. I've done that a couple of times when the class just wasn't for me.

I agree, Craftsy is very quick to refund the cost of a class if you notify them you are not satisfied with the class. Done it more than once.

tessagin 06-28-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan (Post 7853142)
I agree, Craftsy is very quick to refund the cost of a class if you notify them you are not satisfied with the class. Done it more than once.

Same here. They've refunded a couple for me.

Onebyone 06-28-2017 05:29 AM

No problem getting a refund if you aren't happy with the class. I haven't had to ask for a refund for any class so far. I have enjoyed them all. A guild member has (too many times in my opinion). If one little thing is not to her liking she wants a refund. One was the teacher had on too bright nail polish, one had distracting tattoos. Oh well

jmoore 06-29-2017 03:09 AM

Watson, I agree that a few of the more recent reviews are not as descriptive as some but like others have posted, they do have a great satisfaction guarantee. I have about a dozen classes in my library (not all quilting) but, so far, I have always been satisfied with the ones I have purchased. I wonder if there's a way for you to share your feedback with the Craftsy team.

Lady Diana 06-29-2017 04:51 AM

Craftsy is really changing......they have dumped their sewing fabric, kits and patterns with no notice......they are not offering new quilt kits, they are clearing out a lot of kits and fabric.....looks like they are going back to only classes.....except there aren't many new ones out there....everything looks like downsizing to me.....something changed at craftsy last year....I wondered then if they had new owners. Don't like the changes.....also don't like the fact they have a sale for a day or so, then 3 days later those items are discounted more....they do refund if you catch it, but why not keep a sale going for more than a day? Also there so called sales on notions are not the former sales on items like aurifil thread.....it is as low as $7.70, THEN they tout $9.10 as a really low price...

wbfrog 06-29-2017 05:08 AM

Yes, let them know your concerns I do agree with you I am taking a course now and in the beginning it seems the instructor took so much time talking about herself. But if you purchase the course and it is not what you expected you can request a refund and craftsy will honor that. I only had to request a refund one time.

quilttiger 06-29-2017 06:13 AM

I could be wrong, but I think returns have to be done within 30 days. I've learned to hurry up and at least look though some lessons in case I need to return a class.