Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   different Twister tool (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/different-twister-tool-t241162.html)

Ladibug 02-17-2014 09:40 AM

They have the June Tailor Twister ruler at Wally World for $17.99.

wolph33 02-17-2014 10:42 AM

I have the twister in 2 sizes and never used them yet.too many ideas not enough time

sdeaaz 02-17-2014 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband had some plexiglass and cut a 2 1/2 inch square for me, I added the X and wa la.... here is my little 6 " twister block.. Thanks to those who recommended making one... saved me a few bucks... more $$$$ for fabric.

w7sue 02-17-2014 10:52 PM

I bought mine at JoAnn's, then borrowed an acrylic one from a friend. I finally have the quilt on the longarm - it measures 120 X 120!!!!! I don't even know how many yards of fabric I purchased for this quilt or the amount of time spent putting it together - twice - but I know I will be one very happy camper when it is finished. My daughter's birthday is in May and this is for her. She picked out the fabric and the design and I have purchased the fabric from several different places in order to get enough to make it. It has a charcoal gray flannel on the back. If I remember, I will try to get pictures of it when it is finished. I have enough left over to make a runner for her dresser (I think).

I didn't really like the ruler with multiple sizes.

sdeaaz 02-18-2014 06:30 AM

Can't wait to see it.....

caroloto 02-18-2014 07:08 PM

I to have both this ruler and the twister ones I really perfer this one over the twisters as I would slip at time cutting (over cut) into the next wasting as I would then a few times needed to make a block to replace the one I slipped on. Or the twister one would move while cutting cause I felt it was hard to hold steady due to the seams and or the size having to hold it steady. With this ruler I put those sandpaper or rubber circles and it holds in place. I am much happier, safer and feel it faster then the twister rulers. And yes when using the twister ruler I made sure I could walk around the table to cut out the pin wheels.

Onebyone 02-19-2014 05:53 AM

The Twister block is an old method just didn't have the Twister name.

Margie 02-19-2014 07:23 PM

After reading this post and watching the video, I bought one today at Joanns. All quilting notions 50% off and then coupon for additional 15 percent off order...I think a little under $9.

caroloto 02-19-2014 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Margie (Post 6585158)
After reading this post and watching the video, I bought one today at Joanns. All quilting notions 50% off and then coupon for additional 15 percent off order...I think a little under $9.

Great price when I finally decided to buy mine I also used a 1/2 off coupon and % off. Remember to add those non sliding to it, helps it stay in place.

gale 02-19-2014 11:05 PM

I looked at Walmart and they didn't have this. I originally needed elastic and they didn't have that either. They have a lot of empty spaces in the craft section so I don't know if they're going to close it or what.