Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Dresden bicycle in new AQS magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/dresden-bicycle-new-aqs-magazine-t279075.html)

joyce888 05-29-2016 10:52 AM

Dresden bicycle in new AQS magazine

Check out the appliqué bicycle in the new July issue of AQS, page 61. The wheels could easily be changed to a Dresden plate and the flowers would be much simpler to make. P.S. I'm not affiliated with this company in any manner but have ordered from them in the past.

ManiacQuilter2 05-29-2016 10:54 AM

There was a recent picture posted here of a bicycle made from a Dresden plate. Wonder if it the same. Just don't have time for any applique otherwise it would be fun to make.

joyce888 05-29-2016 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7562601)
There was a recent picture posted here of a bicycle made from a Dresden plate. Wonder if it the same. Just don't have time for any applique otherwise it would be fun to make.

No it's not the same. I posted this thread because of the first one. It's not the same pattern, the frame and flowers are totally different.

meanmom 05-30-2016 04:41 AM

I have the bicycle made with the Dresden plates on my design wall right now. I am working on the flowers in the basket. I hope to start sewing things down tonight. The Dresdens are made already. I take a spinning class at the YMCA. One of the men in the class recently passed away. He did tons for the YMCA, volunteered his time and donations. They are renaming the cycling studio after him. I am going to put a license plate behind the seat with his name on it. I will donate it to the YMCA in his honor.

meanmom 05-30-2016 04:42 AM

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the bicycle quilt here?

waltonalice 05-30-2016 04:46 AM

I saw the new pattern in AQS, and I agree that it's a good starting place. I'm still of a mind, though, that the difficult part of "using the bike pattern as a starting point," what the maker of the original said that she hoped that people would do in lieu of a pattern from her, is the drafting of the Dresden plates, which this new pattern does not feature. Is there a formula for making Dresden Plates, starting from the diameter of the the circle which represents the inner wheel?

klswift 05-30-2016 10:00 AM

What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure they will be thrilled.

Mariposa 05-30-2016 10:18 AM

These look like a fun one to do.... :)

meanmom 05-30-2016 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my dresden bike so far. My Dresden ruler is 8" and I cut my blades 6". After I sewed the blades together I cut the center out with a larger circle. I needed my bike to fit on the background that I had already pieced in my stash. I had made it for something else and the colors just weren't right. I would love to see the one from the AQS magazine.

meanmom 05-30-2016 12:04 PM

Oh well it is upside down. I must be a reckless driver.