Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Fabric Source (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/fabric-source-t130572.html)

laalaaquilter 06-14-2011 06:53 PM

Found a post card at a local antique market advertising a huge fabric seller in Williamston SC. Only open to the public on select dates, three days a month.

Website is www.phoenixofanderson.com

I'm thinking a road trip is in order, later in the year when I've saved up some money to spend a day there. I can get there in three hours so could spend the whole day if I leave home before 7AM. I'd be home before 10PM. The dates are all Thur - Sat at the early part of the month.

I'll post closer to time to gather a carpool or caravan. If there are any SC members who have been there, I'd love to read your opinion of their goods and the shopping experience.

CoyoteQuilts 06-14-2011 08:38 PM

Sounds interesting. Just wish I live closer and I'd tag along....

Olivia 06-15-2011 06:35 AM

I checked the site out just to be sure before I replied. While living in SC we drove down and was not impressed. The warehouse had an unpleasant smell and there was not much fabric that I thought was quilt quality. I did not go for a second visit. Maybe someone else on the board will have a different view.

kwhite 06-15-2011 06:47 AM

As a costumer that place is like mecca, but as a quilter I don't know that it would be a trip worth taking judging from the photos I saw.

laalaaquilter 06-15-2011 07:02 PM

Thanks so much for the feedback! With it being a trek I want to be sure it is worth it before I go. I, too, wasn't so sure from the photos on the site but the fabric that they were selling at the antique store where I got the card included some quilting grade pieces (that I didn't buy because at under $25 the consigner didn't have authorization to discount it)

So. I'm still taking this under advisement. Perhaps I will put it off until I am going that way for some other reason and can work in a visit while passing.

Alondra 06-17-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
Found a post card at a local antique market advertising a huge fabric seller in Williamston SC. Only open to the public on select dates, three days a month.

Website is www.phoenixofanderson.com

I'm thinking a road trip is in order, later in the year when I've saved up some money to spend a day there. I can get there in three hours so could spend the whole day if I leave home before 7AM. I'd be home before 10PM. The dates are all Thur - Sat at the early part of the month.

Hours they're open to the public for 2011:
January: 6th, 7th, 8th
February: 3rd, 4th, 5th
March: 3rd, 4th, 5th
April: March 31st, 1st, 2nd
May: 5th, 6th, 7th
June: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
July: 14th, 15th, 16th
August: 4th, 5th, 6th
September: 8th, 9th, 10th
October: 6th, 7th, 8th
November: 3rd, 4th, 5th
December: 1st, 2nd, 3rd .
I'll post closer to time to gather a carpool or caravan. If there are any SC members who have been there, I'd love to read your opinion of their goods and the shopping experience.