Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Folded Wreath Full 30 minute Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/folded-wreath-full-30-minute-tutorial-t276737.html)

sewbizgirl 03-18-2016 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=MarleneC;7497816]

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson (Post 7495057)
I tried watching this video and that woman's voice drove me crazy. Couldn't hear her at times and she seems to have a cold. I stopped watching after a couple of minutes.

DITTO!! Why would you make a tutorial video for the internet while you have laryngitis??? Yuck.

cindy anne 03-26-2016 05:37 AM

I have the pattern too but haven't made it. They are certainly pretty though.

quiltin-nannie 03-31-2016 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsru (Post 7496514)
Could you give me a web site where I could get the original pattern?

This is where I picked up my pattern. I think it was $9. http://poorhousequiltdesign.com/patterns/new-releases/

Geri B 03-31-2016 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;7495941]

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary (Post 7495553)

I can't quite bring myself to pay nearly $10 for a pattern that shows you how to sew squares with a backing and then sew a dozen of them together in a ring. I can see why these knockoffs are going to be popular... some things are just ridiculously simple yet somebody wants you to pay them big bucks for it.

you have a point in that it is simple and why pay for it...but isn't that true of most patterns/ideas. It's just that someone had the "idea", worked on it, perfected it, invested in it, and offered it to the public at a reasonable price...free enterprise... Your choice to purchase or not. P.S. I bought the pattern and am working on it......

Sandrea 04-03-2016 12:49 PM

Sewbizgirl and Marlene C.......I had the same comment as you both. I just couldn't believe that she could not have waited a few days til she was over that cold to make the tutorial. You could barely understand her ......then her written instructions listed the size of the squares differently than what she told you on her video. I tried to e-mail her to ask which one was correct (the written or the video) but have not heard anything back from her in 3 days. But thank heavens someone on the Quilt Board (this thread) gave the corrected size of the blocks.

Ms Kay 04-03-2016 02:05 PM

I have the pattern and tried making it and still can't understand it. I need a tutorial to see how it is done.

Just Jan 04-07-2016 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sandrea (Post 7513415)
Sewbizgirl and Marlene C.......I had the same comment as you both. I just couldn't believe that she could not have waited a few days til she was over that cold to make the tutorial. You could barely understand her ......then her written instructions listed the size of the squares differently than what she told you on her video. I tried to e-mail her to ask which one was correct (the written or the video) but have not heard anything back from her in 3 days. But thank heavens someone on the Quilt Board (this thread) gave the corrected size of the blocks.

I totally agree, she should have waited until her voice healed. I could only take a couple minutes of it! As for the comments about the purchased pattern... I agree its not worth the money I spent for it. The directions are very confusing. She either needed to give better directions or charge less for the pattern. Tried someone else's method using batting, and it was floppy; so purchased the pattern and all the recommended items. Another waste of money and a lot of disappointment. Got disgusted with it then a month later thought maybe if I watched the video I would try again. Yeah, right! Couldn't take that raspy voice... like fingernails over a chalk board! Will hope to find a better tutorial and will look for the one mentioned by Grandma Mary. Heard good things about that one but haven't been there yet. OK, how's that for venting? LOL Sorry, but its just so frustrating!

mtpockets1 04-08-2016 12:11 PM

Just watched the video and she explained the reason she was making the video was because she had promised it for Valentines Day and it was late. I had no problem understanding but do turn up my volume and appreciate that even though sick she was trying to not disappoint her followers. I think doing the best she could to fulfill her promise is as they say " A Good Thing". Thanks for posting I enjoyed seeing the tutorial and I think I will try it after looking at all the others I've seen on this board.

Thanks again,
Lisa

Carol Wilson 04-08-2016 12:39 PM

Thankyou Lisa for your comments on the tutorial, as you say she was only fullfilling a promise to have the tutorial out by Valentines Day, it must have been very uncomfortable for her. I now hope people appreciate her efforts under very difficult circumstances.

Sandrea 04-08-2016 06:33 PM

Thanks Lisa, that explains it. I still have not gotten a reply to the e-mail I sent her asking if we should follow her video instructions or the written instructions (size of blocks to cut was different on video than written) But luckily someone on this thread gave us the correct size and I was able to make the wreath and it is so pretty. But the "Fiery Phoenix" tutorial video was excellent to follow how to make it. I didn't have any problem following her video.