Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   FYI Great quilter/crafter garage sale in Kent Ohio in August (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/fyi-great-quilter-crafter-garage-sale-kent-ohio-august-t251204.html)

oldcatlady 08-02-2014 08:12 AM

FYI Great quilter/crafter garage sale in Kent Ohio in August

There is a garage sale going on every weekend in August with tons of fabric/sewing machines/scrapbooking stamps/craft supplies. They had a lot of fabric but the lady told me it was only about 5% of what was in the house that needs to come out yet. Supposedly the lady that died had 4 bedrooms full of fabric! They had 2 embroidery machines (too expensive for a garage sale for me), a quilting machine and a new serger still in the box.

If anyone is interested PM me for the address. I got some very nice good quality fabric and 10" squares/2 1/2" strips still in the bag from Keepsake. I plan on going back each weekend to see what they have.

Tartan 08-02-2014 08:27 AM

Sound just like a treasure hunt, fun!

MFord 08-02-2014 08:46 AM

Awesome! Something fun to do for weeks at a time - and maybe some terrific finds. I just love fabric - will probably die with 4 bedrooms full myself (if my DH doesn't look in them!).

nwm50 08-03-2014 07:18 AM

Oh wow....that's a trip looking forward to! Too bad I live too far away.

Jayjay 08-03-2014 04:32 PM

Hi there. I saw your post abt the garage sale in kent; I use to live in mantua - moved to Texas back in 1990, haven't regretted it. U mentioned a couple of embroidery machines. Do u no what kind they r & what they r selling for? Pls let me no, I still have relatives in Ravenna that could look at them for me. Thank you. Joan

oldcatlady 08-04-2014 04:14 PM

I don't remember for sure what kind they are. I think maybe Viking and one started with P. I didn't look closer when they told me the price. $2000 each. the quilting machine was, I think $2800 and I don't know what make. I'm going back this weekend so I'll look closer. They might come down in price by the end of the month if they don't sell.

Originally Posted by Jayjay (Post 6830646)
Hi there. I saw your post abt the garage sale in kent; I use to live in mantua - moved to Texas back in 1990, haven't regretted it. U mentioned a couple of embroidery machines. Do u no what kind they r & what they r selling for? Pls let me no, I still have relatives in Ravenna that could look at them for me. Thank you. Joan

oldcatlady 08-10-2014 08:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just wondering if anyone that pm'd me went to the garage sale this weekend?

I went back on Friday. I've gotten a total of 43.5 yards for $64. a lot of 2yd cuts and some 3 and 4 yds. they are all LQS quality fabrics. 2 more weekends, yea!

oldcatlady 08-10-2014 08:37 AM

forgot to mention the embroidery machines are still there. the Viking is now $1500 and the pfaff is $1700. the quilting machine is now $2300, it is a Sunshine 16. I'm thinking they will come down each weekend. The last day is the 23rd.

tlpa 08-10-2014 04:26 PM

Thanks for all the info on the sale, and the pictures of the yummy fabric!
I'll let you know if I end up going to the sale!