Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Goodness... new Baby Lock Destiny looks like an awesome machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/goodness-new-baby-lock-destiny-looks-like-awesome-machine-t251504.html)

llong0233 08-10-2014 09:25 AM

Price sounds about right. I watched the video and really didn't see anything new. Yes, the screen is bigger; better graphics (looks like HD), more built-in stitches, embroidery patterns, etc. But, really, how many of the stitches do we use? I have 71 decorative stitches and haven't used more than one or two. The single most important thing for me, the stitch regulator, I heard no mention of! At that price it should have one. Bernina offers a machine with stitch regulator (BSR-Bernina Stitch Regulator) under $4,000 which I would much rather have. Free motion quilting is easy-peasy with a stitch regulator...no days of practice required! This looks to be the kind of machine those who must have the best and most recent of anything will have to have! I wouldn't spend the money on it myself, but certainly wouldn't refuse it as a gift!

quiltinglady-1 08-10-2014 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1 (Post 6838521)
i'm questioning the design of the demo handbag, in general. after going to all the trouble of embroidering the fabulous designs on the white fabric, it seems to me that someone ought to have looked critically at a design that looks like someone pulled a pair of underwear on a black handbag... sorry. that was what my eyes first saw!

My eyes didn't pay attention the first time I watched the video a while back, but I just watched it again and I have to agree that someone pulled underwear on a black handbag. lol
The cost of new machines is getting so ridiculous. Where does it stop?

Nilla 08-10-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6838574)
Oh, my Kia Rio was only 14,000 brand spankin new. At least i can get out of the rain in it.

This made me laugh,but it does put things in perspective!

DonnaC 08-10-2014 03:03 PM

Yes, Lynnie... you made me laugh too! Good point!!

nstitches4u 08-11-2014 04:52 AM

It is a wonderful machine. I have a 10 needle embroidery machine, so I won't be buying one. My hubby went by our dealer last week and came home with the Crescendo for my birthday. The Crescendo is the Destiny without the embroidery module. It has all the other great features. I love the laser guideline.

Mom of 6 cats 08-11-2014 08:10 AM

No, I paid only $800. for it about 11 years ago, It was a new macnine on sale. My current Elegante II is 7years old and I forgot to mention, or somehow erased, that in between I got the my first Elegante that was a used machine for $3200. and was given $500. for that one too when I traded it in for the Elegante II that I now have.

Caswews 08-11-2014 08:20 PM

Mighty nice machine but oh the price !

cousinpenny 08-15-2014 04:38 PM

Ladies,
Don't forget your ASG groups or clubs! They are great ways to sell your machine so you have seed funds for the next. I have 5 more years before I allow myself to upgrade. I have a Baylock Esanté and an Imagine serger. Sure, there is a model better. I'll try to sell my machine on my own.