Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Handcocks of Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/handcocks-paducah-t311714.html)

leaha 07-10-2020 05:30 PM

Handcocks of Paducah

Well I did it now, ordered more fabric from Handcocks of Paducah, they are so nice, and the service is great. I love going to the store but now do all my shopping on line or by phone. , I needed a solid purple and a green found a few other colors I liked sooooo. . . well just had to add them to my cart. Now if sisters would only send back my machines and other quilty stuff I would be all set.

lberna 07-11-2020 05:45 AM

I wish I could order fabric online. It just isn’t for me. I absolutely love going into my LQS, looking at all the fabrics, running my hand on the fabrics, etc. When I tell this to my friends, they just just don’t get it. My LQS is open but my husband and I are elderly and he has several of the conditions that make him very susceptible to COVID-19. In the meantime, I’m using my stash to make quilts, masks, etc. I have even made a patchy apron.

osewme 07-11-2020 06:24 AM

I placed a small order from them on June 26 & still have not received it. I know it's on the way as I track it daily. It was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday but now it says it will be here today. We will see. I know mail & such is a lot slower since Covid19. Patience is one of my attributes so I'm not concerned. They had a great sale on fabric when I purchased my little order.

annievee 07-11-2020 08:30 AM

Guess they closed their Ebay store---no listings since virus started. I liked ordering from them that way.

Rob The HOAQ 07-11-2020 08:56 AM

We order so much from Hancocks of Paducah that if a week went by without something coming from us they would wonder if we were sick. One thing I like about their site over some is that you can search by what's in stock, so it saves you from finding something you like only to realize they don't have it.

Shipping does take a bit longer than some others, but I imagine it's because I go for the 14-21 day option.

Jingle 07-11-2020 04:02 PM

My Daughter and I are waiting for them to reopen the store. We are planning a roadtrip. I love going there and I like to see fabrics in person.

quiltingshorttimer 07-15-2020 06:21 PM

I've always ordered some on-line and recently got an order from Hancock's of Paducah. I've also recently ordered from Fabric.com and Keepsake. Fabric.com will send a swatch for $3 (I think) if you need to see/feel before ordering.

juliasb 07-16-2020 05:07 AM

I order the majority of my fabric on line anymore. I don't have a LQS that sells fabric close by. All I have is JAF and I would rather stay away from there if possible. So online it is and I have usually had great service with any company I have chosen. Hancock is great! I am glad you took the plunge.